Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mazda > 626/Capella/Capella Wagon
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-06-2002, 03:12 AM   #1
vulcan4d
AF Newbie

1995 Mazda 626 SE mods, look and performance

Hello all. I have myself a 1995 Mazda 626 Special Edition, and I'm looking into modding my car a little. First of all I'll start with a good audio system, consisting of a 200W Kenwood CD-MP3 deck, Pioneer speakers, amp and sub. Actually I'm having a little problem finding a place to put the sub, any suggestions? I've been actually thinking of a free-air sub, but there isn't much room in the back between the rear speakers. At most I can fit a 8in sub, which isn't much but I guess 2 of those would be good . Second I'll be working with changing the look of the car. Aerodynamic front and rear bumpers, side skirts, rear spoiler and of course racing wheels. There are pictures below of what I'm thinking of. And lastly I'll see to improving the performance of the car.

I do work with cars a little, mostly repairs and installing audio systems, but I must say I never modded a car before so it's best to ask a little so I won't screw up . I've been looking at the body kits on Nopi and Erebuni and I was wondering how do these get installed? Are they simply replacements for the current bumpers the car has, or just addons? I seen both types so I'm not sure about this.

If I'm not mistaken my 4cyl 626 has 118Hp. Any recommendation for improving performance, maybe a turbo kit or something? I was thinking of a V-Force Power Control Module, since it can optimize horsepower and acceleration, but I was actually thinking of increasing the horsepower . Unfortunately this is an automatic vehicle, with overdrive, so it wouldn't make a very good race car . Still, it would look nice though and I guess that I'm going more for looks than performance. Still I heard a computer chip can greatly improve the performance of a automatic vehicle, but I havn't looked much into this. Could someone maybe explain to me how it works?

This would be quite a project, certainly I would have to do a lot more research on the subject. Still if it's something I can't handle, I'll need help. By any chance does anyone here know of anyone who actually does these mods here in Vancouver, B.C, Canada? There have to be some shops around here that will do it, unfortunately I have yet to find one.

My Goal, or should I say Dream

vulcan4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2002, 11:24 AM   #2
626GrL
AF Newbie

ok i dont know if you will get this, because whenever i post i like get no responses. and i can see like 85 people have looked at your post, but no one has responded. that sounds great that you want to do all that to your car. But i hope you dont like that spoiler on that car? No offense, but i think its hideous.
i have a 99 4 cycl 626 5 speed, and i wanted to do some work on my car too, looks and performance. However, my best way for performance is to get a new engine, the v6 that fits with 200hp. My car stock has 125hp.
So getting turbo or nitrous might make me faster, but i wouldnt be able to compete as well with the big dogs as if i got a new engine and then got turbo or nitrous. If you want to make your car faster, start out little with like intake and exhaust, it gives you more hp. Then go for bigger things. You could upgrade your ECU. There are many things that will look good for looks on your 626 though, so that shouldnt be a problem.

*Em
626GrL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2002, 11:30 AM   #3
Pennzoil GT-R
AF Enthusiast

turbo and exhaust, i know a guy who has a very fast 626 race car. the engine is the same block, with a few little bits and pieces, but the main performance upgrades are the turbo and exhaust. o yeah, and ECU
Old 07-16-2002, 10:05 PM   #4
626GrL
AF Newbie

yeah every little thing counts......
626GrL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2002, 09:41 PM   #5
sukispeed
AF Newbie

I do not know were in canada you are in relationship to these guys but visit them. http://www.a-spec.ca/
sukispeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 12:07 PM   #6
udsaxman
AF Newbie

Re: 1995 Mazda 626 SE mods, look and performance

Your best bet for starters probably would be to upgrade to the KLZE v6. I swapped my stock american motor for a KLZE when the original one died and its an extra 35 hourses stock and is much mroe refine than the stock engine. For those of you who dont know the KLZE is the japanese version of the 2.5L v6 that was used inthe probe, mx-6 and 626. It puts out 210 HP stock vs 165 in the american one(the KL). I did that along with new fully custom mag wires and it looks really nice too. I have a high flow exhaust (not tin can so its tasteful) and a high flow cat to go with it. For tires i put on Yokohama AVID v4s tires (205/55VR15) on the stock alloy rims and the tires look awesome. As is without any major modifications i an around 240HP which is more than enough for tooling round town. As far as turbos and whatnot i would suggest go with the V6 first cuz u can get the whole engine for less than 2K nowadays and it wont impare drivability or gas milage like forced induction. If u decide to go with forced induction Thomas Knight (www.boosthead.com) makes a very nice Easton supercharger for both the 2.0L 4 and the 2.5L v6 for $3795.

http://www.boosthead.com/images/prod...ge117-full.jpg
http://www.boosthead.com/images/prod...ge118-full.jpg
http://www.japanstarmotor.com/klze.html
udsaxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 12:11 PM   #7
udsaxman
AF Newbie

Also i decided to keep my exterior stockish because IMHO those body kits all look the same as the other make/model versions and just arent that unique nemore and with 93-95 626s becomming more rare its nice to have a sleeper that isnt a cop magnet
udsaxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 10:15 AM   #8
Trigggl
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by udsaxman
Also i decided to keep my exterior stockish because IMHO those body kits all look the same as the other make/model versions and just arent that unique nemore and with 93-95 626s becomming more rare its nice to have a sleeper that isnt a cop magnet
Or a thief magnet.

I like the wing, even if it is useless on a front wheel drive. I don't like the bottom lines or the shape of the front. They don't match the tail very well, which I think is the best looking part of the car stock.

Wife's car:
06 Outback 4cyl 5speed green
Trigggl is offline   Reply With Quote