Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-18-2003, 06:37 PM   #46
GermanGiant
AF Newbie

a few more things

And in my area, those kids who drive souped up whatever, are a drain on the local economy, they commit insurance fraud by slicing there own interiors to get insurance money for a new interior, then its the normal people who have to pay higher rates for thier insurance..............and another thing most of them purchased their own cars, and I respect that, however they began to purchase all these upgrades for it when they can't afford it............how dumb do they get, and now I'm starting to see Saturns pimped out, that crosses the line, in no way shape or form should Saturns ever have upgrades...................but in conclusion, I don't hate everyone who drives a Honda, but I hope you can understand my reasoning behind why I do hate most of them........... and all of you who like muscle cars and sports cars, like myself, you are part of a dying bread, soon all Hondas w/ their wings made out of erector set will inherit the Earth
Old 07-20-2003, 12:02 AM   #47
carkulture
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to carkulture
Something I want to bring to peoples attention about honda and why a lot of people hate honda owners is...1. the afore mentioned ricers eg. gay body kits, huge ugly pointless wings, huge ugly pointless exhausts. retarded looking grafix etc. 2. btw I am using the 4th gen f-body as comparison. Everytime me and my buddy waste some "tricked out" honda in his 98 trans am they almost always say well lets go to the roadcourse and see who wins...well guess what, their still gonna loose there too...3. gas mileage, yes they are very economical, but if you can manage to keep your foot out of it, it is not rare to see ls1/6spds getting 30+ mpg...

I respect just about anything that is fast, but what gets on my nerves is the sheer stupidity and ignorance of most honda owners. They think they know what their talking about but the longer they talk, the more and more foolish they make themselves sound.

If you are part of the .2% of honda owners that actually care about performance and going fast, not looking "pimp" and acting like you know everything then I respect you...But for the other 99.8% you are a disgrace to auto. community.

1 more thing and I promise Im done, but one things that truely pissed me off and I see it almost every day is seeing stupid riced out hondas weaving in and out of traffic doing double the speed limit. I dont care if you own a lambo or ferrari, that is just plain stupid!
carkulture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2003, 09:45 AM   #48
DkShadow
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by carkulture
...!
DkShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003, 05:59 PM   #49
NewRideXTR
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to NewRideXTR
It's not that people hate honda's themselves, its just that they are very common now. Alot of the honda's are now being done the same way. There is no immagination left to a honda. In a honda, they can be done the same way, body kits, undercar lights, altezza lights, u get the picture. But if u choose an out of the ordinary car, u can personalize it, so it doesent look like the rest. So its not that they are necessarily a bad car, its just that there is alot of the same car going around now.
NewRideXTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003, 08:54 PM   #50
GermanGiant
AF Newbie

i agree with you guys

I love fast cars as well, but for the money there are better buys than hondas, like one of my best friends he bought a 1991 or 1990 not quite sure Camaro RS V8 I thought they were always 6 cylinders however we did change spark plugs and its definately a V8, anywho he got that for 1,000 dollars, a fast car for cheap cheap cheap. And I just got a 1986 Porsche 944 turbo, holy crap is that thing fast, only cost me about 9 thousand and its a great car.............a lot of work was done has well over 300 horsepower, and I am hopefully going to purchase a stage 4 turbo system from a local tuner other people who have them get over 510 bhp, thats insane, anyways for the money you can find faster cars than hondas :-/ oh and carkulture, 98 trans am.......very nice. And you are right, Hondas are very common and they all look the same
Old 07-25-2003, 04:55 PM   #51
genjy
AF Enthusiast

Generally speaking, I feel that a sports car has to be:

1) RWD or AWD (i.e. Camaro, S2000, WRX)
2) Relatively fast or handles well or both (i.e. Miata, BMW 3-series)
3) Designed for performance out of the factory (i.e. Corvette, NSX)
genjy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2003, 11:32 PM   #52
numbware
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to numbware Send a message via MSN to numbware
personally, I don't mind Hondas. My aunt has a Civic Hatch and it's still running great after all the crap she put it through. what I DO hate is ricers. i think all cars should have a personal body guard to keep the "pimp parts" away and either stay stock, or get performance mods. well, that's just my 2 cents in this little flame war
Old 07-25-2003, 11:59 PM   #53
Jimster
Here for the pussy, man.

Send a message via ICQ to Jimster Send a message via AIM to Jimster Send a message via Yahoo to Jimster
Quote:
Originally posted by numbware
personally, I don't mind Hondas. My aunt has a Civic Hatch and it's still running great after all the crap she put it through. what I DO hate is ricers. i think all cars should have a personal body guard to keep the "pimp parts" away and either stay stock, or get performance mods. well, that's just my 2 cents in this little flame war
Nothing wrong with putting bodykits/tims/tints/whatever on Civics- what we need to do is stop assholes who think they have a Corvette/Ferrari/whatever killer because of that.

2007 Audi A4 3.0 TDI Le Mans
Jimster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2003, 03:25 PM   #54
skrow03GT
AF Newbie

In my opinion a sports car =

*a strong V8+ (or a well boosted v6/4cyl)
*RWD, AWD
*Solid Axle (im partial to drag racing, IRS isnt good for quarter mile times)
*2 Doors
*Runs no more than a 14.2x 1/4 time
MAC Prochamber 2.5" HTS
Flowmaster AT 2 Chamber Cat-Back
Eibach Pro-Kit
Tokico Illuminas 5-way Shocks/Struts
X2C v2.0 UCA/LCA's
FRPP 4.10 Gears
Aluminum d/s
Steeda Tri-Ax
Steeda T/A 14*
Nitto 275/45 Drag Radials
Bullit Intake

Waiting to Install : NX 100 Wet Shot
skrow03GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2003, 08:15 PM   #55
Jimster
Here for the pussy, man.

Send a message via ICQ to Jimster Send a message via AIM to Jimster Send a message via Yahoo to Jimster
Re: Honda haters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skrow03GT
In my opinion a sports car =

*a strong V8+ (or a well boosted v6/4cyl)
*RWD, AWD
*Solid Axle (im partial to drag racing, IRS isnt good for quarter mile times)
*2 Doors
*Runs no more than a 14.2x 1/4 time

Solid axles are bullsiht- especially for track racing- drag racing is the sport of Rednecks and Ricers- I would go by Nurburgring lap times before 1/4 mile times. Secondly if driven properly FWD is an excellent drive train for racing on tracks as well- any decent driver can minimise understeer- and you say V6- but What about Inline 6's (GTR, Supra, XR6 Turbo) These cars can outperform most V6's.

2007 Audi A4 3.0 TDI Le Mans
Jimster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2003, 08:59 PM   #56
ccc880
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLogikal1
ok, i might get flamed by my fellow nissan owners here...but my opinion of a "true" sports car is power, RWD, non-converatble and a 2-seater

example: mazda rx-7
About the non-convertable part - does this mean that a convertable cobra, viper, corvette, m-3, s2000, camaro, or a 350z isnt a sports car??
ccc880 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2003, 09:39 PM   #57
skrow03GT
AF Newbie

Quote:
Solid axles are bullsiht- especially for track racing- drag racing is the sport of Rednecks and Ricers- I would go by Nurburgring lap times before 1/4 mile times. Secondly if driven properly FWD is an excellent drive train for racing on tracks as well- any decent driver can minimise understeer- and you say V6- but What about Inline 6's (GTR, Supra, XR6 Turbo) These cars can outperform most V6's.
Drag racing is the sport of high horspower machines that strive to accelerate the fastest. What is redneck about that? I understand if you drive a car that has a 15 sec 1/4 time, you will probably make excuses for yourself. Im sorry Ricers are not drag cars, dont get me wrong one can be made a dragster but its not a very good platform to drag with. When somebody sais "that car is fast" they are not usually talking about skidpad #s. I dunno about you but there is nothing like driving a high performance beast that can accelerate AND handle, so dont hate.

FWD is not a sports car im sorry, anything "can be made" to do things well, but RWD, AWD are much better platforms.
MAC Prochamber 2.5" HTS
Flowmaster AT 2 Chamber Cat-Back
Eibach Pro-Kit
Tokico Illuminas 5-way Shocks/Struts
X2C v2.0 UCA/LCA's
FRPP 4.10 Gears
Aluminum d/s
Steeda Tri-Ax
Steeda T/A 14*
Nitto 275/45 Drag Radials
Bullit Intake

Waiting to Install : NX 100 Wet Shot
skrow03GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2003, 02:53 PM   #58
23toyota23
AF Regular

Quote:
FWD is not a sports car im sorry, anything "can be made" to do things well, but RWD, AWD are much better platforms.
Yeah RWD and AWD are far better for drag racing, but FWD can be made into just as good of a road racing car as RWD and AWD and FWD are far better for drifting.

I don't hate Honda, I hate the owners who think they have the most reliable cars out there. Sorry but Toyotas can take more abuse than Hondas, Toyota has the most reliable cars in the world, they have the most reliable trucks in the world, toyota has better large SUVs, honda and toyota both have great small SUVs (RAV4 and CR-V), at the moment the only thing I think Honda has that is better than Toyota is the Odyssey.
Quote: Paper or Plastic?
23toyota23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2003, 03:31 PM   #59
Neutrino
Yaya Master

Send a message via AIM to Neutrino
Re: Re: Honda haters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23toyota23
AWD and FWD are far better for drifting.

uh.....no.....

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
Neutrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2003, 04:06 PM   #60
2strokebloke
In Stereo where available

Quote:
I'm sorry, but you don't know what a sports car is. FWD has been kicking RWD's ass since it became popular for production automobiles. Most notably you might remember that Citroen's front drivers enjoyed a winning streak in the monte-carlo rally, followed by a winning streak of SAAB 96 sedans, followed by a winning streak of BMC Minis. These cars beat more powerful RWD cars - and outside of the Monte Carlo, FWD kicked ass in all sorts of events.
There's a common and somewhat unfounded belief that RWD is somehow supperior to FWD when it comes to motorsports - and it's just that - an unfounded belief. It has simply sprang up because old-fashioned companies didn't want to tinker with FWD sports cars, and continued doing it the old fashioned way, with a motor up front and the driving wheels in back(even Panhard, the first company to make cars with this layout, way back in the 1890s switched to FWD - and that should tell you something). Just because there's a larger number of "true" sports cars that are RWD, doesn't mean that there is no such thing as a FWD sports car. DKW's Monza, SAAB's Sonnet, Panhard's 24(Tigre) were all early FWD sports cars - real sports cars. DKW went on to become Audi under VW's control, and we both know how impressive Audi's and SAAB's cars have been in various events.

Support America's dependence on foreign oil - drive an SUV!
"At Ford, job number one is quality. Job number two is making your car explode." - Norm McDonald.
If you find my signature offensive - feel free to get a sense of humor.
2strokebloke is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General