Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Street
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
WIP - Street Post topics for any "Works In Progress" street vehicles projects in this sub-forum.
View Poll Results: How is this gonna turn out?
Goooood! 0 0%
Great! 4 44.44%
Excellent! 2 22.22%
Awesome! 3 33.33%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-02-2003, 10:21 AM   #16
slk320
AF Premium User

Send a message via AIM to slk320
You can spray various details be utilizing cerfull masking... here is an example of chasis for 350Z that was spray painted (out of a rattle can)

you can also spray separation lines, center console and other irregular surfaces. Spray painting can yeild a more realistic results, as 1:1 cars are also sprayed. Here is another example of a separation line achieved by masking:
Old 12-02-2003, 10:30 AM   #17
Artem1985il
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Progress-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugdog13
No way! Paint it all body color. Make it authentic.
This is a modded/customized/tricked out car...the chassis color is one of the modifications. You'll see, it'll look sweet with camel yellow body and red decals.
Old 12-02-2003, 01:05 PM   #18
blueboost
AF Enthusiast

Re: -=And so it begins: 350Z streetDRAGON=-

I think it looks good. As much as I like the technical parts of modeling (I love doing engine, suspension etc.) I was never a perfectionist when it came to the under-surface for some reason. Yours looks good and presentable, but if you wanna win like MOTY, thats the kinda stuff that eventually needs to be focused on. anyways great job so far, looking forward to seeing your take on the 350Z.
Old 12-02-2003, 04:42 PM   #19
Artem1985il
AF Enthusiast

progress-3

Some new pics - finished the breaks. Still haven't received the Aoshima 18's, probably tomorrow, they'll look better than these.

Old 12-02-2003, 04:58 PM   #20
EMAXX
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to EMAXX Send a message via MSN to EMAXX

Looks really good dude. Is the muffler on the 350Z really back? I thought that it was chrome?
Old 12-02-2003, 05:29 PM   #21
SchuberT
AF Enthusiast

says in the manual to paint it semi-gloss black

https://www.facebook.com/KBModelwerks/

Call me Matthew.
Old 12-02-2003, 06:01 PM   #22
Artem1985il
AF Enthusiast

Here's the steering wheel:

The dashboard will be black/red...should look nice. I'll post pics of it in 2 hours or so...
Old 12-02-2003, 07:55 PM   #23
Artem1985il
AF Enthusiast

progress-04

Here's the dashboard like prmoissed. I should have used flat black instead of semi-gloss tho... I used the right-wheel one cuz I messed up the paint on the other one (painted it with a spray can)
Forgot to paint the little things on the side of the thing with three circles (the speedometer, etc), I'll go do that now.

Post your comments

Old 12-02-2003, 10:17 PM   #24
Kasso
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Kasso Send a message via MSN to Kasso Send a message via Yahoo to Kasso

looks good. i brush paint my interiors too until i can afford a good airbrush set.

1995 Acura Integra Special Edition (something real special about a 5000 rpm changeover... )
Old 12-02-2003, 10:38 PM   #25
MR-2RaCeR
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to MR-2RaCeR

If you want the dash to have a flat black look, just go to your local hobby shop and buy some Testors Dullcoat. I've used it on my models, works great, makes your car interior look like vinyl.
Old 12-02-2003, 10:52 PM   #26
Artem1985il
AF Enthusiast

Finished the seats - flat red/black - and half of the interior. Pretty bad paint job on the seats and the luggage area tho - it's hard to cover black plastic with red paint, too about 7 layers with a brush. Hope it looks ok when all is put together. I'll post pictures as soon as I finish the interior - around noon tomorrow. I will take pics outside for better light - that dashboard pic doesn't do justice to the real thing - the light sucked.
Anyway, good night.
Old 12-03-2003, 08:03 AM   #27
EMAXX
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to EMAXX Send a message via MSN to EMAXX
Re: Re: -=And so it begins: 350Z streetDRAGON=-

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchuberT
says in the manual to paint it semi-gloss black
I didn't know that. I thought that all mufflers where like chrome, or steel, or something like that. I guess not.

Interior dash is looking good. Looks like your making some good progress on this car.
Old 12-03-2003, 10:55 AM   #28
CRXdan
AF Newbie

If you wanta model to turn out PERFECT you airbrush EVERY last part, including the smallest one. I am in the process of building a Ferrari Testorosa 521 TR and once I airbrush the interior pieces I can finnaly start pieceing it together. Its not a cheap approach, but if you want a modle to be perfect, you airbrush every piece, wait for it to dry and TAKE YOUR SWEET time building the thing. I havent built a model in 1 year my last one was the Revell Drag car, let me tell you i was impressed with my own results, Ive buitl about 30 models before, and you dont start seeing the perfection until after about 10 mdels, anyhow, I quit building and now found this Fererrai for cheap at a agarage sale and it being my fav car I bought it. Its turning out great so far. Ill get some pics up when Im done. Good luck on your project and remeber take your time..
Old 12-03-2003, 10:58 AM   #29
CRXdan
AF Newbie

btw the most recent pic of the chassis you posted loks WAYY better than the 1st ones you posted for some reason, must be the light like u said.
Old 12-03-2003, 11:49 AM   #30
Artem1985il
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRXdan
If you wanta model to turn out PERFECT you airbrush EVERY last part, including the smallest one. I am in the process of building a Ferrari Testorosa 521 TR and once I airbrush the interior pieces I can finnaly start pieceing it together. Its not a cheap approach, but if you want a modle to be perfect, you airbrush every piece, wait for it to dry and TAKE YOUR SWEET time building the thing. I havent built a model in 1 year my last one was the Revell Drag car, let me tell you i was impressed with my own results, Ive buitl about 30 models before, and you dont start seeing the perfection until after about 10 mdels, anyhow, I quit building and now found this Fererrai for cheap at a agarage sale and it being my fav car I bought it. Its turning out great so far. Ill get some pics up when Im done. Good luck on your project and remeber take your time..
I know all about how airbrushing is better but this is my last model (won't explain why) and I don't want to buy any more stuff just for one model - I've already spent about $120 on this 350Z. So I will do this one with brushes and try to make it look as good as possible. The exterior will be spray painted tho.

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Street