Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Street
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
WIP - Street Post topics for any "Works In Progress" street vehicles projects in this sub-forum.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-30-2003, 01:32 PM   #181
86_SR5
AF Fanatic

Re: Re: Fujimi Drift Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondaaccordboy21
Post some pics of them next to the car. I want to see how it looks. But anyway nice job on the paint(the wheels) and also good job on the model. Keep on posting.
Did ya one even better. Here's the Front half completed pics. BTW, No work on skyline, just been mocking up some very cool 1/18th 15'' drag slicks, and if it were a drag car, it'd look to be about a 7second car or so.

SHITS N' GIGGLES:

VENGEANCE IS MINE
SAYETH THE LORD
NO FEAR
86_SR5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 01:47 PM   #182
351Cougar
AF Regular

Thumbs up

Those wheels make a huge improvement on your car.
88 AE92 4afe powered sedan.. got it for $250
351Cougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 06:11 PM   #183
86_SR5
AF Fanatic

Re: Fujimi Drift Machine

Thanks. BTW. Tonio, what's your trick with doing panel lines before paint? I've bought 2 pigma micron .20, cause the .25 was too fat to do my panel lines, did them on a 69 camaro (the blue one, my first car on AF). It works well, if there's no dust on the car.
VENGEANCE IS MINE
SAYETH THE LORD
NO FEAR
Old 12-30-2003, 06:24 PM   #184
blueboost
AF Enthusiast

the model looks great. its really coming along nicely, great job so far!

the wheels on your car are sweet!! makes a nice improvement. very nice!!
Old 12-31-2003, 02:08 AM   #185
youngdrifter_x
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to youngdrifter_x Send a message via Yahoo to youngdrifter_x

nice monitor. Nice car most of all!! keep up the
g-reat work
Old 12-31-2003, 09:25 PM   #186
86_SR5
AF Fanatic

PAINTED!!! FINALLY!! Never thought it'd get there! Well, yes it is very orange peely But, I don't care, because, I just put a 22'' chrome 5spoke rim next to the paint, and you can see it's reflection!! I do want it to be cleaned up a bit. Would some abrasive 1800grit sanding cloth and then a coat of wax work? Okay. To the point! I've decided, I love the blue too much to cover the hood, trunk, and wing in graphite, so it'll stay all blued up. I didn't make the mirrors I wanted, so chances are, I'll spray the ones it came with in flat black, and glue them on, after I do the window trim in black, and the panel lines with my pigma micron pen. I appreciate all replies, but if your gonna talk smack about my orange peel paint, just don't reply at all. I know it needs to be fixed, and I intend to use the 1800 grit sanding cloth, and then giving it a coat of wax, hope that'll work.

VENGEANCE IS MINE
SAYETH THE LORD
NO FEAR
Old 12-31-2003, 10:18 PM   #187
SchuberT
AF Enthusiast

nice color... but i think you should atleast paint the wing graphite... if not, it's alright since it's your model

https://www.facebook.com/KBModelwerks/

Call me Matthew.
SchuberT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 10:40 PM   #188
SonyMobile
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to SonyMobile Send a message via Yahoo to SonyMobile
doesnt look orange peely to me, but that looks really light in color... or is it darker than that in real life? testors met. saphire blue? mine came out about twice as dark... but i did use grey primer... anyways, nice job, and i cant even notice the orange peel
SonyMobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 10:40 PM   #189
pre98zetec
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to pre98zetec Send a message via MSN to pre98zetec Send a message via Yahoo to pre98zetec
I doubted you at the begining, And said it was ugly, But then it kinda grew onto me and I really like it now, But still I think the wing site a tad to high, My oppinion. But the blue looks awesome, Body kits very clean, I know how hard it is to get styrene to bend just right, Im working on a 93 cobra with a body kit made of styrene and its a PITA. But it looks good now and is that testors paint? if it is, will you be using rubbing compound, IF so. Don't use 3M it will eat through the paint. I really like the scoop on the hood to. Personnaly I think the hood painted flat black would be sweet, along with the wing mounts and sides. Anyways, It turned out alot better then I thought it would, And I'm sorry about what I said about it before.

Josh

96' Integra GSR / ITR cams/valvetrain. Skunk2 IM, Greddy evo2, AEM CAI, RMF Header, Megan testpipe, Hasport mounts, Eibach coilovers, Beaks tie bar, Megan H brace, Rota Attacks, F/R strut bar, Kirk 6 point cage, Bride Cugas, Takata 4 Point, ITR Steering wheel
98' SVT Contour, 3L Port-Matched swap with SVT cams/full bolt ons; 224fwhp.
01' Chevy Blazer, DD.
pre98zetec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 10:51 PM   #190
86_SR5
AF Fanatic

Thanks to everyone for there posts. I appreciate all your comments. Sony, the paint is testors sapphire blue metallic, and I used a different brand than testors grey primer, and it's about what you see in the pics, brightness wise.

Josh, your post definetly means the most. I'm very glad that everyone likes it, and that you like it seeing what you said about it before. I'm not sure about the compound. Don't know where to get it and what brand to get. I just planned to do the wing struts, and side mounts in a mat black and maybe do a lil desgin in mat black on the hood scoop, or just the whole thing in matt, dunno yet.
Keep watching, tomorrow it should have all its panel lines, and window rubbers done. I'm still a lil iffy about the rubbers, seeing as this will be the first time I've done them, but I've used 3m blue painters masking tape before and it worked, so mabye it'll come out nice. Thanks again and keep posting your thoughts for all of you who haven't yet.
VENGEANCE IS MINE
SAYETH THE LORD
NO FEAR
Old 12-31-2003, 11:47 PM   #191
EMAXX
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to EMAXX Send a message via MSN to EMAXX

Loving the blue. Looks really hot. Nice little sparkle in it.

Rims are looking really hot. I'm loving it. hehe
Old 01-01-2004, 08:31 AM   #192
Snooker
AF Enthusiast

That's really cool. I would say paint the wing graphite!
Snooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 06:18 PM   #193
86_SR5
AF Fanatic

Talking 99.9% Complete!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FINALLY! An update! Bet all of you thought I gave up huh? Well, I didn't! My first completed car of 04'! Well, it's almost done. It needs the following: Custom rim application (gonna change something about the wheels); License plate, intercooler put in, and I think that's about it. So, I know the pics are blurry, I was in abit of a hurry. SO, if you can make them out, enjoy.

WANNA DRIFT?!

BTW, Special Thanks to Tonioseven. If it weren't for him, the car wouldn't have the decals and spicey niss it does now!
VENGEANCE IS MINE
SAYETH THE LORD
NO FEAR
Old 01-30-2004, 05:09 PM   #194
SchuberT
AF Enthusiast

oh damn that's hot hot hott... AWESOME build

https://www.facebook.com/KBModelwerks/

Call me Matthew.
SchuberT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2004, 05:46 PM   #195
tonioseven
AF Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to tonioseven
Re: Re: Fujimi Drift Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86_SR5
Thanks. BTW. Tonio, what's your trick with doing panel lines before paint? I've bought 2 pigma micron .20, cause the .25 was too fat to do my panel lines, did them on a 69 camaro (the blue one, my first car on AF). It works well, if there's no dust on the car.
Sometimes I apply them before the first coat of paint depending on the color and how opaque the paint is. Great work on it!! It was well worth the wait!!
tonioseven is offline   Reply With Quote