Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio
Car Audio Do you live in your car? Then you need to be able to listen to some high-quality music.
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-26-2003, 04:23 PM   #46
SilverY2KCivic
Cali Guy

Send a message via ICQ to SilverY2KCivic Send a message via AIM to SilverY2KCivic Send a message via Yahoo to SilverY2KCivic
Re: Re: Interior paint??

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylineGTRboi
i don't care if it takes up the whole page.

"don't start no shiet, there won't be no shiet"
Out of respect for the members of the board, it does take up quite a bit of needless space from a moderator standpoint. One car or the other in your sig is fine, but having 2 good sized pics like that takes up a lot of space. You may not care, but other people on here including those that own the site and pay the bandwidth costs for the site DO care.
All rights reserved... All BITERS served!

"The last time you had THIS much fun driving a car, it cost a quarter, and gyrated in front of the supermarket."

i have yet to see any well done imports around here. most are road toilets driven by some high school punk -Drift

hessemer69 on AIM
Old 12-26-2003, 04:25 PM   #47
lkailburn
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to lkailburn

Quote:
i don't care if it takes up the whole page.

"don't start no shiet, there won't be no shiet"

ahhh hahahaha i'm sorry thats just tooo funny
Old 12-26-2003, 04:27 PM   #48
99civic03
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to 99civic03
Re: Interior paint??

Stop saying shiet, no ones gonna harass you for saying shit man.
Old 12-26-2003, 06:30 PM   #49
SkylineGTRboi
AF Newbie

i guess i'll have to go with the one with the altezzas cuz it annoys peeps haha, don't like it, don't look.

yeah it's from youngbloodz if u ever heard of them.

"sorry u didnt like my setup..ur chick loves it tho..specialy my back seat fag !! hahhahahahahah" lol he roastin', u seem to be dissing on a lot of peeps on cardomain, u say your car is a type r but all u got is a picture, who knows if it was photoshopped.
Old 12-26-2003, 06:53 PM   #50
eckoman_pdx
Honda God

Send a message via AIM to eckoman_pdx Send a message via Yahoo to eckoman_pdx

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkailburn
eckoman-i'm from western ny. i'm very meticulous about my car so i keep it very clean, but everyone knows that accidents happen. so i'll try to get ahold of this stuff. how much are we talking for this microseal? and what kind of life difference(of the fabric) would occur? if i can't get ahold of it, would scotchgaurd be better than not using anything at all? i'll call around and see what local upholstry shops are here. i know my friend had his seats done somewhere local so i'll have to ask him and then i'll see if they sell just fabric. out of curiousity, have you done your own upholstry? when i first cam across that site i was going to use vinyl but was steered away from it by my aunt who is like an expert sewer, she said sewing vinyl is not very easy and the stress/weight put on it will cause the seams to act like a perferated line and just tear apart. she suggested i find something else.
anyways, get back to me soon.

thanks again
If you can't get ahold of the microseal, re-applying scothcgaurd WILL be better than having nothing would be, but it's not permantant, so re-apply it every month or 2 would be my suggestion. I am not sure "exactly" how long scotchgaurd lasts, a lot depends on the traffic the area see's, etc...if you end up using a cleaning product on the interior, it will re-move the scotchgaurd as well, so re-apply it to the area. I am not sure of the exact costs of microseal, I got a bit free once, so I never really looked at the cost on that. I have not done my own upholstery yet....I don't want to re-cover the stock seat, it sucks ass and the padding is worn a bit, plus is looks dorky. I could re-build the padding I suppose, but I'd rather get new seats. So I am weighting to do my own seats until I get new ones. If I get integra seats I'd probably do it to the seats....but I have my heart set on the burgadny and black recarosude sport seats....and then after getting thoses I'll recover the backseat to match. I mean, I really havn't had the time laterly to do anything that is an in-depth project on my car...seeing as I need it to get to work and back, then college classes and finals, and now the holidays. I might do it when things die down a bit. The life difference between with and without a microseal itself really might not be much...I am, the streghth, ply, and thickness of the fabric is the same....In the end though, it will hold up and look better in the long run, due to the added protection if gives.....and if you ever spill a red soda, like code red...on your new seats, trust me, You'll be glad you applied this stuff...red dyes stainscan be damn near impossible to completly re-move, a lot of the time you end up having to have it re-dyed to cover it.
Old 12-26-2003, 07:13 PM   #51
Ricochet
Banned

Quote:

"sorry u didnt like my setup..ur chick loves it tho..specialy my back seat fag !! hahhahahahahah" lol he roastin', u seem to be dissing on a lot of peeps on cardomain, u say your car is a type r but all u got is a picture, who knows if it was photoshopped.
You're such an ignorant wigger, please tazer your nutsack so you don't infect this world with your rotten DNA.
Old 12-26-2003, 07:20 PM   #52
lkailburn
AF Enthusiast

aww man... i love code red.. damn i'm gonna have to find this microseal stuff, applying that scotchgaurd every 2 months or so would be a pain in the ass.... i here ya about not having anytime to work on projects with work and college and what not--same exact boat i'm in. i guess when i get to this project i'll start with the rear seats first. that way theres no big rush for getting them back in. as for now, i've got 2 fiberglass projects to complete before getting to this one.
Old 12-26-2003, 07:29 PM   #53
eckoman_pdx
Honda God

Quote:
i guess i'll have to go with the one with the altezzas cuz it annoys peeps haha, don't like it, don't look.

Okay man, lay off the flaming, insults and name calling, and show some respect to AF members. You don't just join and come in here acting all big and bad, insulting other members and picking fights. Show some respect to the Vets and other members here at AF. Saying that type of junk is a good way to get banned or run out of here. You've had only 10 posts, and almost every one of them has been nothing but starting fights and insulting other members....why don't you try posting something productive for a change...
Old 12-26-2003, 07:44 PM   #54
eckoman_pdx
Honda God

Quote:
aww man... i love code red.. damn i'm gonna have to find this microseal stuff, applying that scotchgaurd every 2 months or so would be a pain in the ass.... i here ya about not having anytime to work on projects with work and college and what not--same exact boat i'm in. i guess when i get to this project i'll start with the rear seats first. that way theres no big rush for getting them back in. as for now, i've got 2 fiberglass projects to complete before getting to this one.
I felt the need to sperate this response from my above one, for reason's which I am sure are obivious..they pertain to 2 doffernt things with 2 differetn people....now..back on track...lol....

Yeah, it can be a pain, and scotchgaurd doesn't repell nearly as well, but it's better than having nothing at all...When I first got my car, a friend spilled red strawberry soda UNDER the passenger seat...luckly you can't see it cuz it's UNDER the seat....that red dye never came out...if'd I'd had microseal, or uneven scotchgaurd in there, the stain might still be there, but it certainly would be less, and not the deep deep red it is now. Yea, if you like drinkin soda a lot in your car, either get the microseal, and if you can't get it re-applying scotchgaurd every few months is better than nothing..I saw your fiberglass trunk project with the amp/bandpass box on your site...how's that coming along? Is this your first fiberglass project? Any progress? I want to do a fiberglass project in my trunk, dynamat it, etc..but the same problem...time...well, that and it's too rainy and cold out for me to do that right now...the garge temp would be too cold unless I stuck a protable heater in there, and I don't wanna do that with all the fumes, etc...lol. I don't really wanna attempt it in this weather, so once spring and summer roll around, better weather, longer days, etc, I'll try something. It always comes down to time, doesn't it? Also, if you don't dirve ppl around a lot, you could do the passenger seat first. That way you have the drivers seat to refer to when puting it back toghter if you forget what peice goes where. Either way, for both the front seats and the back seat, take lots of before and during pictures, so if you get lost, forget what goes where, etc...you have lots of visuals to refer to....keep me posted, and good luck with all your projects.
Old 12-26-2003, 10:49 PM   #55
lkailburn
AF Enthusiast

eckoman-i'll let you know any details that i find out about the suede and microseal stuff from local places. as for the fiberglass audio project- yes its my first fiberglass project. i've played with fiberglass only once before and it was using resin jelly. do not, i repeat do not use resin jelly, it is by far the worst crap to work with. when i bought the normal polyester resin, i was like holy shit this is as easy as eating cake. as for progress on the project, i had made some, tested, found out it didn't work the way i wanted and was brought 1 step back. that box that i made to house the amp is going to be covered with a plexiglass window, which will be lit using UV leds(altho i think i may switch to UV cold cathode tubes, i just happen to have leds lying around so thats why i originally was going to use them). on the plexiglass window i'm going to sandblast the ensignia from the amp. if you look at the picture of the amp, it has like a large X with a circle in the middle. my dad will be able to sandblast it, we just need to figure out the best way to mask of the design.(any suggestions on this?). anyways, on top of this, i'm going to elevate the amp about a 1/4 of an inch off the bottom peice of the box. i had flush mounted 4 UV leds in the base board, with the wires on the back side of the box, but when i tested it out, it was no where near the amount of glow i was looking for. so i had to unsoldier all the connections from the back, and now i need to order some cold cathode tubes. i have a spare one that i tested to see what kind of glow it would produce underneath the amp and it looks awesome! i found an amazingly cheap place to buy them too, so i need to order those, mount them, figure out the wiring, and then i'll be able to finally mount the box to the fiberglass shell. on the shell, i patched that hole up with 2 layers-it turned out really well!! as for working in the cold weather, just wear lots and lots of cloths! i can't find my digital camera or i'd get pics of what i'm talking about.
Luke
Old 12-26-2003, 11:18 PM   #56
eckoman_pdx
Honda God

Quote:
eckoman-i'll let you know any details that i find out about the suede and microseal stuff from local places. as for the fiberglass audio project- yes its my first fiberglass project. i've played with fiberglass only once before and it was using resin jelly. do not, i repeat do not use resin jelly, it is by far the worst crap to work with. when i bought the normal polyester resin, i was like holy shit this is as easy as eating cake. as for progress on the project, i had made some, tested, found out it didn't work the way i wanted and was brought 1 step back. that box that i made to house the amp is going to be covered with a plexiglass window, which will be lit using UV leds(altho i think i may switch to UV cold cathode tubes, i just happen to have leds lying around so thats why i originally was going to use them). on the plexiglass window i'm going to sandblast the ensignia from the amp. if you look at the picture of the amp, it has like a large X with a circle in the middle. my dad will be able to sandblast it, we just need to figure out the best way to mask of the design.(any suggestions on this?). anyways, on top of this, i'm going to elevate the amp about a 1/4 of an inch off the bottom peice of the box. i had flush mounted 4 UV leds in the base board, with the wires on the back side of the box, but when i tested it out, it was no where near the amount of glow i was looking for. so i had to unsoldier all the connections from the back, and now i need to order some cold cathode tubes. i have a spare one that i tested to see what kind of glow it would produce underneath the amp and it looks awesome! i found an amazingly cheap place to buy them too, so i need to order those, mount them, figure out the wiring, and then i'll be able to finally mount the box to the fiberglass shell. on the shell, i patched that hole up with 2 layers-it turned out really well!! as for working in the cold weather, just wear lots and lots of cloths! i can't find my digital camera or i'd get pics of what i'm talking about.
Luke
Where did you get the cold cathode tubes at? Yea, if you find the digital cam, post some pics. So you are masking off the rest execpt the design, or masking off the design only? You could have some vinyl made to the shape you need, and apply that to mask it off...just remove it when your done...there you go...similar to how they mask off when flames are painted on a car. So are you screwing the plexiglass to the box? That's cool your dad does sandblasting, that's gotta save you some $$. Are you using screws to mount the fiberglass shell to the car...I assume you are using screws to mount the box to the shell. Also, did you have to make any airholes or anything in the box/pelixiglass to give the amp some airflow..i read once this was important, but am not sure, as this is outside my area of immidiate expertise, lol. As you can see, I havn't attempted a fiberglassing project yet, lol. Good luck finding the suede up there, it shouldn't be too hard to find...I looked it up in the yellow pages a long time ago and found several places here that sell it. Now I just need time. I was going to do my whole trunk with a custom install this last summer, plus all new equipment...my buddy used to do custom installs for car toys for 3 or 4 years when he lived in Arizona, but his cell go disconnected and I wasn't able to get back in touch with him, cuz he moved to a new area of town. Kind of blows, we were gonna work on it in last June. I've seen stuff he'd done before...good work too. And he wasn't gonna charge, it was a bummer he moved to a different area and I lost track of him...I guess I got discourged for a while after that happened, lol, cuz some of the idea's I had at the time where way to hard to do on my own for a first time project. It's ironic, his name was also Luke, lol.
Old 12-26-2003, 11:58 PM   #57
lkailburn
AF Enthusiast

i found the tubes at www.case-mod.com 2x 12in tubes for 6 bucks total!! its a steal. i never thought about using vinyl to mask it off.thats a good idea. yes everything else will be masked off so that the symbol will be sand blasted. the plexiglass will be mounted to the box. if you look in those pictures i had, i have four "posts" to mount the plexi to. they are just peices of mdf. i haven't yet glued them to the box tho, because i want to make sure that the window will sit flush with the rest of the box when it is carpeted.so i won't glue them in until i order the carpet, that way i know exactly how thick it is. as for mounting the whole thing to the car, i have no idea how to do that, lol. i haven't the slightest clue, but i'll get to that when the time comes. to mount the box to the shell, i'm going to be using wooden dowels. the box will be "suspended" and angled. i need to make sure that my trunk can still close when the box is in there! lol so i need to make sure its out of the way.i also heard people asking about airflow and what not, but i heard from very good sources that you don't need to worry about airflow unless you are running some serious wattage. the only other thing i'm going to be doing really to the shell, is cutting out a good size hole in the bottom of it(no one will see) so that i will still be able to reach inside for wires and what not. when i stretch fleece over the whole thing, i'm gonna run pull strings from the amp box, out through the fleece. this way when it comes time to running the real wires, i can just use the string as a fish line, and pull the wires through. don't be discouraged! DIY are the greatest thing since sliced bread. i love working on projects. they are my hobby. i hate winter because its too friggin cold out to work on most projects. after i finish up this one, i'm designing and building my own front and rear lips for the car. i hope by then my fiberglass skills are good enough!! ahah. actually the hardest part about that project is going to be sanding and shaping the foam. owell thats for when i get there. now where did you say you were from ? just out of curiousity.

Luke
Old 12-27-2003, 12:44 AM   #58
eckoman_pdx
Honda God

Quote:
i found the tubes at www.case-mod.com 2x 12in tubes for 6 bucks total!! its a steal. i never thought about using vinyl to mask it off.thats a good idea. yes everything else will be masked off so that the symbol will be sand blasted. the plexiglass will be mounted to the box. if you look in those pictures i had, i have four "posts" to mount the plexi to. they are just peices of mdf. i haven't yet glued them to the box tho, because i want to make sure that the window will sit flush with the rest of the box when it is carpeted.so i won't glue them in until i order the carpet, that way i know exactly how thick it is. as for mounting the whole thing to the car, i have no idea how to do that, lol. i haven't the slightest clue, but i'll get to that when the time comes. to mount the box to the shell, i'm going to be using wooden dowels. the box will be "suspended" and angled. i need to make sure that my trunk can still close when the box is in there! lol so i need to make sure its out of the way.i also heard people asking about airflow and what not, but i heard from very good sources that you don't need to worry about airflow unless you are running some serious wattage. the only other thing i'm going to be doing really to the shell, is cutting out a good size hole in the bottom of it(no one will see) so that i will still be able to reach inside for wires and what not. when i stretch fleece over the whole thing, i'm gonna run pull strings from the amp box, out through the fleece. this way when it comes time to running the real wires, i can just use the string as a fish line, and pull the wires through. don't be discouraged! DIY are the greatest thing since sliced bread. i love working on projects. they are my hobby. i hate winter because its too friggin cold out to work on most projects. after i finish up this one, i'm designing and building my own front and rear lips for the car. i hope by then my fiberglass skills are good enough!! ahah. actually the hardest part about that project is going to be sanding and shaping the foam. owell thats for when i get there. now where did you say you were from ? just out of curiousity.

Luke
I am from the portland, oregon, area. That idea of "fishing" the wires is one way around how to wire it after install, lol. I got the vinyl idea from how they paint flames on cars. Did you get the DIY fiberglass lips idea from that thread in the exterior/bodykit forums? I've read that thread before. So you are carpeting the outside of the box and the edges? I don't imagine you are carpeting the inside since you painted it black. Get us pics of the trunk when it's done..I hope none of the wooden doles holding it up brake when u are driving, that would suck. Isn't there a better way, maybe use wooden dowels to figure out the length you need, then use metal rods instead for the final install, since they'll be stronger. I have heard from lacal stereo shops that if you bolt the fiberglass shell, heck, MDF, anything, to the trunk, you should put some silicon in the hole the screw is in so water can't leak in. I'd feel safer myself by trying to figure out how to get some airflow in there, but I guess that's me and my "better safe than sorry" attitude.
Old 12-27-2003, 05:07 AM   #59
SilverY2KCivic
Cali Guy

Send a message via ICQ to SilverY2KCivic Send a message via AIM to SilverY2KCivic Send a message via Yahoo to SilverY2KCivic
Re: Re: Re: Interior paint??

Quote:
Originally Posted by eckoman_pdx
Okay man, lay off the flaming, insults and name calling, and show some respect to AF members. You don't just join and come in here acting all big and bad, insulting other members and picking fights. Show some respect to the Vets and other members here at AF. Saying that type of junk is a good way to get banned or run out of here. You've had only 10 posts, and almost every one of them has been nothing but starting fights and insulting other members....why don't you try posting something productive for a change...
Took the words right out of my mouth Eckoman. He was really pushing the line with his attitude in this thread. I was almost about to puch that ban button myself, but since he shortened up his sig a bit and romoved one of the pics from it, I decided to chill a little bit on the matter and I'll just keep a close eye on any further posts of his. Altezzas are just taillights SkylineGTRboi, no need to get all defensive and name calling about them just because another person expresses their hate for them (which has already been beaten to a pulp around here). They are like a played out song IMO, most people don't like them because they are so common. I love my stock OEM read/clears. Original, no extra cost, and they are the "in" thing nowadays. Plus, you can't pull off the OG JDM look with Euro tails, you need something OEM or JDM for that. But your car is your car, do whatever makes you happy with it, and ignore what people think of it if it's not to your liking.
All rights reserved... All BITERS served!

"The last time you had THIS much fun driving a car, it cost a quarter, and gyrated in front of the supermarket."

i have yet to see any well done imports around here. most are road toilets driven by some high school punk -Drift

hessemer69 on AIM
Old 12-27-2003, 05:26 AM   #60
eckoman_pdx
Honda God

Re: Re: Re: Re: Interior paint??

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverY2KCivic
Took the words right out of my mouth Eckoman. He was really pushing the line with his attitude in this thread. I was almost about to puch that ban button myself, but since he shortened up his sig a bit and romoved one of the pics from it, I decided to chill a little bit on the matter and I'll just keep a close eye on any further posts of his. Altezzas are just taillights SkylineGTRboi, no need to get all defensive and name calling about them just because another person expresses their hate for them (which has already been beaten to a pulp around here). They are like a played out song IMO, most people don't like them because they are so common. I love my stock OEM read/clears. Original, no extra cost, and they are the "in" thing nowadays. Plus, you can't pull off the OG JDM look with Euro tails, you need something OEM or JDM for that. But your car is your car, do whatever makes you happy with it, and ignore what people think of it if it's not to your liking.
Yeah, his attitude was downright rude and disrespectful, not to mention his sig made all his posts a serious waste of bandwidth. I was kind of guessing you where thinking about banning him.