Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General
View Poll Results: Just how fast have you been?
up to 100mph (haven't we all?) 24 9.72%
101 - 120mph (not bad) 58 23.48%
121 - 140mph (getting there) 77 31.17%
141 - 160 (been there...) 52 21.05%
161+ (you go girl!!!) 36 14.57%
Voters: 247. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-12-2003, 01:32 AM   #136
BMW-Hamann
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by Stefanel1
85mph : it's the speed limit in France and it's too slow, in Italy they adjusted it to 95mph (150 kmh). But under 160 kmh (100 mph), it's ok in France eitehr there are other cars on the highway or you're alone
that's why ... I love european Highway ...:flash: .. poor me I don't live there ... ... hahahhahaha ...
Old 04-13-2003, 06:35 AM   #137
Stefanel1
AF Enthusiast

And the Europeans are crying because they don't live in a shiny and beautiful country like Indonesia (the landscape is wonderfull !)

Citroën C6 - Alfa Romeo 159
Old 04-13-2003, 11:11 PM   #138
BMW-Hamann
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by Stefanel1
And the Europeans are crying because they don't live in a shiny and beautiful country like Indonesia (the landscape is wonderfull !)
hehheheh .. .. stefanel .. have u been to Indonesia? .. .. u r right .. If looking for sunshine Indonesia has lots of it ... and a little bit too much I think .. hahahha .. so hot here ..
Old 04-14-2003, 01:17 AM   #139
Jimster
Here for the pussy, man.

Send a message via ICQ to Jimster Send a message via AIM to Jimster Send a message via Yahoo to Jimster
Quote:
Originally posted by BMW-Hamann

have u try it jimster? .. ... how is the New Zealand highway look like? .. how many lanes? ..
I got busted at 193 km/h once- lost my lisence for 6 months The highways in NZ are mostly 1 lane- with 2 lane passing lanes here and there-the motorways of Auckland and Wellington can get as much as 4 lanes (Still not much compared to some of the highways/motorways in Italy )

Anyway the NZ highway is excellent if you like roads with not many cars (Except in the holiday season- where it becomes overcrowded) and NZ drivers suck

2007 Audi A4 3.0 TDI Le Mans
Old 04-14-2003, 09:59 AM   #140
2strokebloke
In Stereo where available

My Subaru will top out at 70mph - but would you really want to go any faster in something that small?
Are any of you taking into account speedometer error? The faster you go the greater the difference between your actual speed and the speed your speedometer gives you.
Here in the U.S. we have this great little place called "Montana" I'm not sure what they're doing now but for a long time most of their highways had no speedlimits - it'd be the perfect place to blow out the cobwebs if it weren't for those pesky cross-winds.

Support America's dependence on foreign oil - drive an SUV!
"At Ford, job number one is quality. Job number two is making your car explode." - Norm McDonald.
If you find my signature offensive - feel free to get a sense of humor.
Old 04-14-2003, 11:49 AM   #141
BMW-Hamann
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by Jimster

I got busted at 193 km/h once- lost my lisence for 6 months The highways in NZ are mostly 1 lane- with 2 lane passing lanes here and there-the motorways of Auckland and Wellington can get as much as 4 lanes (Still not much compared to some of the highways/motorways in Italy )

Anyway the NZ highway is excellent if you like roads with not many cars (Except in the holiday season- where it becomes overcrowded) and NZ drivers suck
Wow .. jimster .. That was really bad ... What car did u use that time? .. ur 156? .. coz I know 156 is a nice car and fast too ...

Hey .. 4 lanes are nice .. .. especially compare to here .. 2 lanes only ... can be three if consider the emergency lane ... hahahhahaha .. but have to be very careful and always check the surrounding view for the police patrol car ..
Old 04-14-2003, 11:56 AM   #142
BMW-Hamann
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by 2strokebloke
My Subaru will top out at 70mph - but would you really want to go any faster in something that small?
Are any of you taking into account speedometer error? The faster you go the greater the difference between your actual speed and the speed your speedometer gives you.
Here in the U.S. we have this great little place called "Montana" I'm not sure what they're doing now but for a long time most of their highways had no speedlimits - it'd be the perfect place to blow out the cobwebs if it weren't for those pesky cross-winds.
hello 2 stroke .. is your subaru the one at your avatar (left side)? .. .. the model is very cute? .. what year is that? .. r u sure only 70 mph for the top speed? .. how big is the engine? ..

about the speedometer error almost always happen in any car .. including the good european car like MB or BMW .. usually the speedo star show error at about 60 kmh .. From the car magazine I knew only Lexus has the very minimal error .. when the speedo show 160 kmh and in reality about 159 kmh ... ..

Montana? .. where is that? ..
Old 04-15-2003, 12:12 AM   #143
Jimster
Here for the pussy, man.

Send a message via ICQ to Jimster Send a message via AIM to Jimster Send a message via Yahoo to Jimster
Quote:

Wow .. jimster .. That was really bad ... What car did u use that time? .. ur 156? .. coz I know 156 is a nice car and fast too ...

Hey .. 4 lanes are nice .. .. especially compare to here .. 2 lanes only ... can be three if consider the emergency lane ... hahahhahaha .. but have to be very careful and always check the surrounding view for the police patrol car ..

I don't use the 156 in NZ- simply because I don't live there anymore I live in Italy for the time being for a 3 year work contract with FIAT

But I was using a Peugeot 6O7 V6- not a slow car by all means Your IP puts you in Indonesia- so I'm guessing you live there right? I've driven in Indonesia before..................Interesting experience indeed

Old 04-15-2003, 04:16 AM   #144
BMW-Hamann
AF Enthusiast

Quote:

I don't use the 156 in NZ- simply because I don't live there anymore I live in Italy for the time being for a 3 year work contract with FIAT

But I was using a Peugeot 6O7 V6- not a slow car by all means Your IP puts you in Indonesia- so I'm guessing you live there right? I've driven in Indonesia before..................Interesting experience indeed
oohh .. i c .. heemm .. must be nice to work in such big company .. when I was in Italy I visited the Ferrari Museum in Maranello ... very nice indeed .. it has Enzo inside .. I took some pictures ... hahahhahaha .. .. so u use 156 in Italy right? .. In which city r u live now? .. ... Next September I have plan to go back to Bologna Italy for Exhibition ... maybe I want to visit Lamborghini factory if the time permitted .. heheheheh ..

U r right .. I am Indonesian Chinese .. ... I guess u had an interesting expirience drived in Indo because the traffic was so messy right? ... hahahhaha .. Where di u drive at that time, Jakarta or Surabaya? .. Jakarta is the worst ..
Old 04-15-2003, 04:58 AM   #145
Jimster
Here for the pussy, man.

Quote:

oohh .. i c .. heemm .. must be nice to work in such big company .. when I was in Italy I visited the Ferrari Museum in Maranello ... very nice indeed .. it has Enzo inside .. I took some pictures ... hahahhahaha .. .. so u use 156 in Italy right? .. In which city r u live now? .. ... Next September I have plan to go back to Bologna Italy for Exhibition ... maybe I want to visit Lamborghini factory if the time permitted .. heheheheh ..

U r right .. I am Indonesian Chinese .. ... I guess u had an interesting expirience drived in Indo because the traffic was so messy right? ... hahahhaha .. Where di u drive at that time, Jakarta or Surabaya? .. Jakarta is the worst ..
Currently I live in Genoa- which is in the North West and yes I use the 156 in Italy

And I've driven in Jakarta and also Bali- which is more laid back than Jakarta- but the drivers suck

Old 04-15-2003, 01:49 PM   #146
Stefanel1
AF Enthusiast

Jim : I'll buy a 156, and I'm selling my Delta
Eitehr an 1.6 or an 1.8 !

Citroën C6 - Alfa Romeo 159
Old 04-15-2003, 03:15 PM   #147
BigJustinZ28
AF Enthusiast

my first car was a 87 camaro v8 sc (had it 6 months then got rear ended by a bronco !!!) , I took it to top speed which is somewhere in the low 130's I believe , wind was coming in through the window seals , im lucky I didnt get pulled !!!! Never taken my newer car above 85 however as I have grown wiser (and im terrified they'll take my car !!! I love my car). Top speed for an 84 z28 with the Automatic is 145 , who knows , one day I might give it a shot

oh yeah I almost forgot hehe , 1 week after I got my liscense I was driving my moms 1991 or so Ford Taurus (my mom had one , my dad had 2 , needless to say I hate them!!!) well It was late at night and I was curious what moms POS taurus could go..... Got to 88 least thats what the Highway Patrolman told me :zx11pisse .....
fortunately he gave me a warning . Never been caught speeding again

1997 Camaro Z28 = LT1 w/ LT4 Conversion w/ Hot Cam
52mm T/B , SLP CAI , SLP Shorties .Eibach Springs, KYB GA Shocks.
SS Hood , Suncoast Creations Spoiler , F1 Camaro Wheels.
30th Ann. Style White with Orange Stripes.
Old 04-15-2003, 09:29 PM   #148
BMW-Hamann
AF Enthusiast

Quote:

Currently I live in Genoa- which is in the North West and yes I use the 156 in Italy

And I've driven in Jakarta and also Bali- which is more laid back than Jakarta- but the drivers suck
How big is the engine of ur 156? How many HP? ..

When you were in Jakarta and Bali?
Old 04-16-2003, 12:52 PM   #149
2strokebloke
In Stereo where available

Quote:

hello 2 stroke .. is your subaru the one at your avatar (left side)? .. .. the model is very cute? .. what year is that? .. r u sure only 70 mph for the top speed? .. how big is the engine? ..
Montana? .. where is that? ..
The Subaru is a 1969 360 (the one in my avatar is also a 360 but an earlier year) it has a 356cc 25hp engine and 70mph is the top speed (unless you're going downhill)

Montana is almost in Canada, it's at the northern edge of the U.S.

Support America's dependence on foreign oil - drive an SUV!
"At Ford, job number one is quality. Job number two is making your car explode." - Norm McDonald.
If you find my signature offensive - feel free to get a sense of humor.
Old 04-16-2003, 04:56 PM   #150
Jimster
Here for the pussy, man.

Quote:

How big is the engine of ur 156? How many HP? ..

When you were in Jakarta and Bali?

2.5 litres and 190bhp stock- but now putting out around about 215bhp.

and I was in Jakarta in 1996 on a business trip and Bali in 1999 for a vacation- I don't care about any dumbassed bomb-blasts- I'd still go back to Bali- it was an awesome place, very beautiful indeed.

and Stephanel- Nice choice Hopingthat you will have a trouble free motoring experience

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General