Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Vector > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-01-2003, 09:01 PM   #1
WX3
AF Newbie

It's coming...

I've heard that weigart is going to be pumping the new vectors soon. He's recently locked down his Avtech Motor Cars web page and he might be ready by the 2004 car year. What ever the truth is, I'm just a huge fan of Vector, especially the WX3 (it's my favorite car). Post your pics and toughts if you have any. I have some tight pics, but they are not of the "correct format", so I can't post them. But check out http://www.vectoraeromotiveclub.com/thecars/wx3.htm for some tight pics. By the way, the site was super hard to find, but thanks to Avtech Motor Club for info and pics.
WX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 07:21 AM   #2
450HPviper
AF Enthusiast

That would be cool if they came out again, maybe they would last a little longer this time.
Old 04-02-2003, 06:41 PM   #3
vectorclub
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
By the way, the site was super hard to find, but thanks to Avtech Motor Club for info and pics.
That is the Vector Aeromotive Club and those are pictures I took when I interviewed Jerry in 2001.

Quote:
I've heard that weigart is going to be pumping the new vectors soon. He's recently locked down his Avtech Motor Cars web page and he might be ready by the 2004 car year
Don't hold your breath for production to start. Back in 1993 Wiegert promised the Wx-3 would go into production. Wiegert has a history of making promises for production, but not delivering. I think he feels people will invest in his company or at least put deposits down for a car if production will happen soon. This is a tactic used by builders for decades. Buyers of niche market cars should always be careful about who they put deposits for cars with.

Some people put deposits on W-2s back in 1980, but they did not get a car (the W-8) until 1992. When you look at the current exotic car/ supercar market, Wiegert's dated WX-3 does not hold up well. This is a new age in the niche market car market. Mega companies such as Ford, VW, Diamler, Porsche and BMW are spending hundreds of millions on developing new exotics/supercars. The quality and technology of these new exotics/supercars are beyond what Wiegert's companies has shown they can do. I do not believe the WX-10 concept car is enough to bring Vector Supercars production lines to life.

The one thing Wiegert has in his favor is his history of suriving. Someday he might run across the right people to help make things come together, but odds are stacked against him.

I am not trying to trash Vector, I grew up a fan of Vector and still love the Vector story. I just want to make sure people are realistic about the new Vector efforts.
vectorclub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 07:18 PM   #4
WX3
AF Newbie

First, thanks for the pictures. They're the best ones I've seen on the web. As far as the company goes, its like life: you have to hope for the best but expect the worst. I'm a Vector freak, so I do hope that the company can finally get off the ground. But I am realistic, but there's no harm in hoping. I just hope one day the WX-3 (which, in my opinion is the world's coolest car) will be put into production so that this Cinderella fairytale can have a good ending. (or begining, should I say)
Old 04-03-2003, 07:32 PM   #5
WX3
AF Newbie

By the way, Vectorclub, how can I join the Vector Aeromotive club? It's hard enough to find info about the Vectors, but you guys seem to know quite alot.
Old 04-03-2003, 11:09 PM   #6
vectorclub
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
By the way, Vectorclub, how can I join the Vector Aeromotive club? It's hard enough to find info about the Vectors, but you guys seem to know quite alot.
The Vector Aeromotive Club is small. So far it is to small for me to come up with a formula to support the traditional style e of club. The kind of club where you get a newsletter in the mail and so on.

Many of the owners of Vectors are very busy business men. Trying to get them all to meet at one place a year is tough.

On top of that there is a division among Vector fans and former employees between Wiegert Era and Post Wiegert Era. 1993 was a brutal year that divided many fans.

Thankfully there are some former employees and fans who have let go of there anger over the 1993 battle. It is now history and I wish all fans and Vector owners would feel the same way. Since there is only around 40 cars total (including concept cars) it seems sad that we cannot bring all the cars together. My hope is someday the W-2, all W-8s, both WX-3s, all M-12s, and the SR-V8 would come together for a very special reunion.

Getting back to the club, I have spent hundreds of dollars in hosting fees, film developing, and many other items to get the site going. Only if I lose my job would I ask for money to be part of club as it is now. If I ever do start charging, I want members to get something of value for their money. As far as history and information, I hope to be able to keep that on the web for free.

I just hope fans continue to contact me and other Vector fans. True Vector fans are hard to find.
vectorclub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2003, 01:46 PM   #7
WX3
AF Newbie

Quote:
True Vector fans are hard to find.
Amen to that. I hope you can get the club ging because I'm very interested. It's about time the world learned about the Vectors. Please alert me of any new devolopements (especially when you get your web page fully operational).
Old 08-23-2003, 09:54 PM   #8
mattyoung33
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to mattyoung33
amen baby, vector is what its all about
-KYB AGX full-adjustable gas shocks
-Injen cold-air intake
-Thermal full-catback exhaust
-Mugen style front/rear lips, type-zero sideskirts
-Grillcraft upper black grill
-custom painted interior