Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical
Engineering/Technical Ask technical questions about cars. Do you know how a car engine works?
View Poll Results: Which company has the best trucks?
Ford 8 20.00%
Chevy 18 45.00%
Dodge 14 35.00%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 12:12 AM   #31
Jsw1js
AF Newbie

Re: Ford vs Chevy vs Dodge

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado122775
You say Dodge has the best pickups.. why? give us your reason? there are many debates on this.
I think Dodge has the best trucks. I drive a 97 Dodge Ram 1500 with the 5.9 and I love it. I think dodge trucks look the best and as for 1/2 ton pickups I think dodge wins because i think the 5.9 liter in the 94-2001 was a better engine then any of the other 1/2 ton engines. I also believe the 5.7 hemi in the newer dodge 1500's wins. The other day a 2002 Chevy 1500 pulled up to me and asked if I wanted to race and so we raced. He had new headers and an exhaust kit(i could tell by the sound) and I beat him off the line and held my lead till we hit about 50 and then I hit the brakes cuz I saw a cop. Now keep in mind my truck has over a 100,000 miles and its completly stock and my truck killed him. Now this doesnt make my truck nescessarily better because trucks are made for pulling not racing but because his truck probably has very many less miles then mine and it had an exhaust kit it means he should be puttin out more horsepower which means he should beat me. Now I'm not saying I dont like chevys because I do like them. I HATE FORDS!!!! I just think dodge has the best 1/2 ton pickups. As for the 3/4 and 1 ton pickups I just think it depends on what your lookin for and what your willin to pay
Old 08-17-2007, 03:20 PM   #32
knightjp
AF Regular

An age Old Debate this.... Ford vs Chevy vs Dodge....

Personally I really can't say where each side excells... .

I would have to say Dodge makes the most powerfu loout of the three, due to its Hemi... and only its Hemi give it that title... . but not known to be more reliable than the others....
Fords make the most comfortable of the three.... but is the least powerful and second when it comes to reliability. Although it must be said... they are more heavy-duty than the others....
But Chevy makes the best allrounder.... i.e
They are more powerful than the Fords but not as comfortable, more reliable than the Dodge and Ford.

I could be wrong though.... after all I'm speaking from my own experiences... .
Old 08-17-2007, 11:38 PM   #33
'97ventureowner
AF Moderator

Please check the dates of the posts in the thread before posting and avoid posting in those that have been inactive 90 days or more. You may start a new thread if you have new info.
Thread closed.

If a prostitute here in America loses her job to a prostitute in India , is that considered "outwhoring"??-Jay Leno

" A Good Thing To Know"

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical