Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Tacoma
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-09-2005, 09:51 PM   #1
molf
AF Newbie

Angry 2000 Tacoma hard starting

Ok I have an 2000 extcab 4x4 trd v6 auto.
My tacoma starts when it wants to. The temp could be 30-90 degrees, the engine could be warm, could be cold, does not matter.
When I start the truck, the engine just turns and turns. So I turn it completly off and then crank again, just wants to turn and turn. Then out of the blue, it starts right up and I have no problems until it happens again, could be a week or several hours.

I am hoping someone else has this issue and is able to point me in the right direction on where to start.

the truck has a new starter and battery and has 100k on it...
molf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 03:51 PM   #2
b-maurer
AF Newbie

Re: 2000 Tacoma hard starting

Quote:
Originally Posted by molf
Ok I have an 2000 extcab 4x4 trd v6 auto.
My tacoma starts when it wants to. The temp could be 30-90 degrees, the engine could be warm, could be cold, does not matter.
When I start the truck, the engine just turns and turns. So I turn it completly off and then crank again, just wants to turn and turn. Then out of the blue, it starts right up and I have no problems until it happens again, could be a week or several hours.

I am hoping someone else has this issue and is able to point me in the right direction on where to start.

the truck has a new starter and battery and has 100k on it...
I was going to suggest checking the starter or the battery first, but since you already said those are new, you might try replacing the spark plug wires and/or the plugs themselves. My '95 Taco was hard starting at about 90k miles and someone suggested the wires because they're only suppose to last 75-80k miles. That did the trick for me.

Hope this helps.
b-maurer is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Tacoma