Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Geo > Metro
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 05:11 PM   #1
schubox
AF Newbie

shift problems

I have a 98 metro with 1.3L and automatic tranny that doesnt want to shift into 3rd gear. Just get alot of slippage. Reverse is the same. I've had the tranny out and replaced all of the clutch discs but get the same result. Any ideas. If I hot wire the clutch solenoids I hear a click so assume they are good.
schubox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 01:08 AM   #2
hot_sd
AF Regular

Re: shift problems

The solenoids are not used in reverse - they are turned off so that would not affect it.

Sounds like the direct clutch is not engaging. When you replaced the discs did you also remove the pistons and inspect the seals. If the seal is worn the piston will leak and will not allow the 2-3 shift circuit to build hydraulic pressure.

Another suggestion would be to remove, clean and rebuild the valve body. Sounds like you may be having a stuck 2-3 shift valve. Assuming you bought a rebuild seal pack you should find new gaskets for the valve body in the pack.
hot_sd is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Geo > Metro