Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars) The original Z cars - ones that started it all.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 03:48 PM   #1
IMD12C4INFO
AF Newbie

Sources for TT front clip / JRAuto.com

I have a '93 Z convertible (I'm in minnesota), that just developed an engine problem, so I decided now is the time to do a TT swap. I found a complete 5 speed TT front clip @ www.jrautoparts.com for $2150 + shipping. Has anyone ever dealt with this company? Any other suggestions of a good source for the front clip at a reasonable price?
IMD12C4INFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 08:53 PM   #2
DeleriousZ
AF Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to DeleriousZ
Re: Sources for TT front clip / JRAuto.com

check out speedline... they are awesome for vg's. not sure if they sell clips, but they definitely have almost any part you could want when it comes to engine stuff... http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQ...sZarleyleghorn
ZedEx Crew Member #6
1988 300zx turbo 5spd. 3" mandrel exhaust, filter, afco rad, e-fan, poly engine mounts, mbc at 8.5 psi, turboxs rfl-h bov, gutted plenum, etc.

blown turbo, under construction.. gt35 coming.
DeleriousZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 05:44 PM   #3
IMD12C4INFO
AF Newbie

Re: Sources for TT front clip.

Any more suggestions? Every place I check into seems like a bunch of crooks when you look into them. I also checked into www.osakajdmmotors.com, & when you punch that into a search engine, you get a bunch of people saying they have no customer service. Z1 motorsports charges $3000 + shipping. I'd rather not spend that much. Has anyone done a TT swap that can say anything good about who they got their parts from? Ort anything bad? Just looking for a little guidance so I don't get screwed.
Old 09-22-2006, 07:05 PM   #4
DeleriousZ
AF Fanatic

speedline will not screw you, they are a very reputable company for the record
ZedEx Crew Member #6
1988 300zx turbo 5spd. 3" mandrel exhaust, filter, afco rad, e-fan, poly engine mounts, mbc at 8.5 psi, turboxs rfl-h bov, gutted plenum, etc.

Old 09-22-2006, 07:17 PM   #5
IMD12C4INFO
AF Newbie

Can you tell me speedline's website or phone number? I'm unfamiliar with them. When I do a search for speedline, there's numerous companies that do business as speedline. Thanks for the help! Brett.
Old 09-22-2006, 07:24 PM   #6
DeleriousZ
AF Fanatic

i think they're mostly an ebay business, but you can message them from the link i posted above and they'll give you a phone number and all of that stuff
ZedEx Crew Member #6

Old 09-23-2006, 11:19 AM   #7
IMD12C4INFO
AF Newbie

Thanks. I sent Arley an email, & he has a clip with 31k, but he wants $3000 for it. If I want to pay that much, I can get one from Z1 Motorsports for that price, & I would totally trust them. They'll even send you a video clip of the front clip you are looking at while it is running. How do you beat that? I did find something kind of interesting yesterday that's totally in the other direction. A DK45DE drivetrain out of an '03 Infiniti. A 4.5 v-8 with 340 h.p. before you start screwing with it sounds like fun, but that's a bag of worms I don't know if I want to open. What makes it more interesting is that it seems like the guy is asking way too little for it. $3000 for everything with 27k miles. Doesn't that sound cheap? That includes: Engine, transmission, a/c comp, alt, starter, water pump, ecm, exhaust manifolds, throttle body, p.s. pump. You would need other stuff too, but that's a pretty good start. The only part that sounds kinda scary to me is how to get working gauges, & other controls to work.
Old 09-23-2006, 12:54 PM   #8
DeleriousZ
AF Fanatic

http://www.freewebs.com/axepower/websalbum.htm for an idea of what a vh45de in a z32 is all about... it seems there's a growing base for this engine, a few people are starting to make custom pistons and accessories for it, but nothing near what the vg30dett has for it... and the amount of custom fabrication to get it to work might be a little above most people's levels or pocket depth...

3k seems pretty expensive from speedline.. maybe i'm just used to the et's rather than dett's...

oh and yag this link is for you buddy http://www.cardomain.com/ride/563982
ZedEx Crew Member #6

Old 09-23-2006, 01:21 PM   #9
IMD12C4INFO
AF Newbie

Yea, I think the 450z project is probably more than I want to bite off. I think I'll just do the TT conversion. That should be cool enough, because it will be one of the only TT z32 convertibles in existence, since TT wasn't an option on verts. I sent Arley another email asking for a better price. I suppose it will depend on how bad he wants to sell it. If he doesn't want to sell it very bad, is there any other places you would suggest checking out that would be considered "reputable"? I've heard horror stories with some of these places. I just want to get a decent drivetrain that doesn't turn out to be a pile of junk when I get it shipped here.
Old 09-23-2006, 01:51 PM   #10
DeleriousZ
AF Fanatic

those are the only ones i'm aware of... perhaps k3 could tell you more, he's swapped a tt into his 2+2.... i think anyway, haven't heard anything about it for a long ass time
ZedEx Crew Member #6

Old 09-23-2006, 05:21 PM   #11
k3smostwanted
Z Cars Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to k3smostwanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeleriousZ
those are the only ones i'm aware of... perhaps k3 could tell you more, he's swapped a tt into his 2+2.... i think anyway, haven't heard anything about it for a long ass time
yeah about that...i ran into minor difficulties.

do NOT buy from Osaka JDM motors.

i have heard good things from Venus Auto, Speedline group, and this place in Florida but i dont remember the name off the top of my head.
ZedEx Crew Member #4
k3smostwanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 06:55 PM   #12
IMD12C4INFO
AF Newbie

I still need a TT front clip

Well, I pulled the Z into the shop yesterday, & a few hours later, I have the drivetrain out, & laying on the floor. I still don't have a tt front clip bought yet, though. As I mentioned before, Arley wants $3000, which is too much. Anyone know of somewhere else that's reputable, but will also fall in the $2500 or less range? I really don't want to hit the $3k mark, because I still have shipping, & a bunch of other expenses before this job is done. If I can't come up with something this week, I guess I'll just have to do a few upgrades to the na engine, & I'll have to be happy with it. I really would hate to get this far, & end up without turbos. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-04-2006, 08:00 PM   #13
Broke_as_****
AF Enthusiast

www.conceptzperformance.com sells clips and has a customer service record that defines spotless. They're listed as $2750, which is just about the lowest price I've seen from a well know reputable vendor. The going rate is just about $3000, which is a heck of a chunk of change but thats what they're going for.

www.noyanusa.com has been a business that many on twinturbo.net have had luck with.

Warning: Objects in mirror aren't as fast as they thought they were.
Broke_as_**** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 08:42 PM   #14
IMD12C4INFO
AF Newbie

K3SMOSTWANTED had suggested Venus Auto as being a reputable company. I contacted them before, but they didn't have anything then. That was about 1 1/2 months ago. I just tried them again via email, & they apparently just got in a clip last week. They said $2200, which, of course, sounds very appealing. I'm waiting for more details. I told them I needed a manual clip, so hopefully that's what it is. Anything I need to ask about the clip that they might not volunteer?
Old 11-05-2006, 05:03 AM   #15
k3smostwanted
Z Cars Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to k3smostwanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMD12C4INFO
K3SMOSTWANTED had suggested Venus Auto as being a reputable company. I contacted them before, but they didn't have anything then. That was about 1 1/2 months ago. I just tried them again via email, & they apparently just got in a clip last week. They said $2200, which, of course, sounds very appealing. I'm waiting for more details. I told them I needed a manual clip, so hopefully that's what it is. Anything I need to ask about the clip that they might not volunteer?
nah...

do some research...i know for a fact that there have been a few members on TwinTurbo.net that have used Venus auto and had good success. i would double check to verify before sending any money out. i know venus auto supplies alot of the smaller companies with front clips and if i am not mistaken i think they may supply Z1 motorsports with their front clips but do not quote me on that.

as much money as i have spent on my BAD clip that i bought, i would wisely be willing to fork over the extra $800 and know that i have a sound, good running motor. but it is your money and i wish you the best of luck.
ZedEx Crew Member #4
k3smostwanted is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)