Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Rumors & Concepts
Car Rumors & Concepts Post pictures and discuss the upcoming cars, rumors and spy photos.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-10-2008, 12:55 AM   #1
Talynn
AF Newbie

Question about fuel economy

Hiya folks. I tried to read up what I could in these forums and I haven't found an exact answer to the questions I wanted to place to those here with expierence.

OK welp gas prices stink. I have a 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 5.9L 360 engine and I am lucky to get 10 mpg in the city and 14 on the highway. I also now have a 2005 Nissan Sentra. I would love to improve my fuel economy especially on the Truck. To that extent, I have seen a number of people locally and online that are offering HHO / other systems that "claim" to provide hydrogen to your fuel system via the conversion of water into hydrogen or some other vauge concept.

I am wondering what people think of these "ideas". And has anyone actually tried / tested them? If so, what were the results? I am very skeptical of these supposed systems. I would love for them to work but my spidey senses are tingling and I am thinking that it is a bit phoney. All the places I have heard of or looked at claim that the results can vary drastically. Ofcourse they claim that this is due to different fuel systems and computers reacting differently to the added oxygen and hydrogen. But I dunno, it seems a bit of a stretch. I can post links for sites I have found but they are pretty easy to find. I was just hoping for some feedback one way or the other.

Sorry if this wasn't posted in the correct forum.
Talynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 11:20 PM   #2
battalinia@bellsou
AF Newbie

Thumbs up Re: Question about fuel economy

I Have also been researching the convert your car to burn partial water as well. I found a couple of good sites pertaining to the information but one imparticular seems to out weigh the rest. I read the home page and there were alot of testamonials which I like to see. This one actually has that "As seen on t.v." logo on it...but i don't know? I'm thinking this is probably the most legit site out of them all, so i'll probably check it out...Good luck with your pursuit. One more thin I will mention though is at 10-14 mpg. it may be worth the few bucks this system requires just to see. Best case scenario you save big at the pumps...Anyway, good luck
battalinia@bellsou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 02:41 AM   #3
camnelson917
AF Newbie

Re: Question about fuel economy

I've also been looking into the water to hydrogen kits for cars. I don't know much about how it works but I did find a site that tested the cars that had this conversion. They had some really good mileage increase claims, I am just not sure if they are legit results. The site is www.WaterFuelGuide.net , does anyone think these results are true? I think I am going to try it anyway, there is so much hype about it there must be some truth to it.
camnelson917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 03:42 PM   #4
Joe Wilson
AF Regular

Re: Question about fuel economy

From what I've gathered by reading on the subject, the better your gas mileage is to start with the more the HH2 conversion will help you. If you only get 10 mpg. to start with, I doubt you could get 20 mpg after the conversion. There are other alternatives, though.
Joe Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Rumors & Concepts