Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35
Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35 Excellent platform and the good ol' VQ30DE and VQ35DE engines.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-08-2001, 06:57 PM   #1
blee89xj
AF Newbie

first off, i want to say hi to everyone. i'm thinking about being a full time forum member but i guess it depends on whether i buy the car or not. what can anyone tell me about this vehicle? it has 70,000 mi on it. is 13000 too much to pay? also what can you tell me about the life of the engine? and finally what is the difference between a fully loaded se and a fully loaded gle? i haven't read too much on this yet, but from what i can tell, the se has a better suspension i think. thanks for any replies.
blee89xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2001, 01:24 AM   #2
mtrai760
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to mtrai760
Shop around man, you can probably find a car with a little less miles on it for the same price. The Maxima engine has been in the TEN BEST for quite a few years now for a reason. IT IS ONE OF THE TEN BEST. The engine will take you far beyond 100,000 miles, given that you take good care of it, regular oil changes, required maintance, and good gas. The engine will probably easily see twice the milage already on it without even trying hard. The auto tranny might be another issue, but as long as you take care of it, you shouldn't have any problems. The big difference with the SE's is just the Suspension. With the SE, you get the SLIGHTLY stiffer suspension, a rear wing, fog lights, and I think some different color options, along with color coded door handles and some trim, rather than chrome, but I could be wrong. The GLE is supposed to be the luxury model, the SE the sports model, and the GXE the base model. Good luck.
Faster than jOO!

A hunting we will go...
mtrai760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2001, 03:43 PM   #3
punabuds
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to punabuds
I think the price is steep...I picked mine up (96 GLE) in 98 for $13k, had 38,000 miles on it. Course my father in law is a used car salesman and hooked me up with it.

Anyways only thing my Max didn't come with was a wing and heated seats. I'm not sure if ABS is an option with the GLE's. Anyways I threw on a wing and pulled some 97 GLE rims off of another Max and put em on mine. I didn't care for the ones that came with mine.

I would say the SE is probably the route you'll want to go if you want to "mod' out the car. You'll have the option for stick, a wing, sport tuned suspension, plus most of the extra's that the GLE comes with.

I don't know what area you're in but if you're around Utah/Las Vegas area then you could probably get hooked up with a Max from my pops in law. He just sold a 2000 GXE for around $15k...

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35