Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Isuzu > Trooper | SLX | Bighorn | Wizard
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 12:50 PM   #1
[iV]Kermit
AF Regular

Been There Done That. Guys I break question.

From all you guys that have been there and done that, I've never changed my brakes before.

I'm wondering if a noob can complete this task. I have all next weekend to do it. . .

I have a 93 5speed. I am wanting to change my front brakes, rotors, etc.

Any tips, or advice as to how long this might take me (3-4 hours?) that would be great!
[iV]Kermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 10:13 PM   #2
junior71991
AF Newbie

Re: Been There Done That. Guys I break question.

Brakes are a relatively simple process. If you want me to explain it I can but your best source of extremely reliable info would be from a Haynes Manual. If you plan on doing most of the maintenence on your '93, then I highly recommend purchasing a Haynes Manual. They are invaluable if you plan to do most of the maintenence yourself, and It will tell you exactly how to do your brakes. Pick one up at a farm and fleet or automotive store like Mills Fleet Farm, NAPA, Advance Auto Parts, etc.
Old 06-09-2009, 08:38 PM   #3
javatrooper
AF Regular

Be forewarned---at least on my 90 trooper, even though the manual says that you can compress the piston on the disc brakes by screwing them in --to replace the pads, it is impossible to do on mine. I always just buy the whole caliper. More cash but way easier and you end up with better/safer brakes anyway. Real quick too.
javatrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 08:42 PM   #4
javatrooper
AF Regular

Also, have someone on hand when it comes time to bleed them. I've actually sone it by myself using a compressible shower curtain rod on the brake pedal, but I live in the boonies and my wife is usually real busy. You just need someone to press on the brake pedal.
javatrooper is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Isuzu > Trooper | SLX | Bighorn | Wizard