Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Tacoma
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-17-2003, 10:27 PM   #1
00taco
AF Newbie

shock question....(are they shot?)

i bought a used 00 tacoma TRD

it has the bilstien shocks......
the previous owner admittantly beat on the truck.....

are my shocks toast??????

when i lean on one corner, i blow through a few inches of travel pretty easily.....

also when i bounce the corner, the whole truck waves like a water bed. i notice when i hit chatterbumps, that the rear doesnt seem to track, but instead bounces like a pogo stick......i dont have any weight in the back as of yet. other trucks ive test feel stiffer.........

what should i buy for replacement shocks if needed?

thanks people!!!!
00taco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 07:33 PM   #2
texan81
AF Newbie

The TRD shocks are not the same as the aftermarket Blisteins. There is a vey noticable differece in ride quality and handling. The best way to tell if the shocks are toast is to take one off and if you can compress it by yourself, start replacing.
texan81 is offline   Reply With Quote