Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mazda > MX-3
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 09:28 PM   #1
TheGeneralCS
AF Newbie

Transmission or Clutch problem

So since I dont feel like retyping my history with this problem, I basically bought my 92 RS about 1 month ago and ran into a huge problem, so here is the story with updates from my other forums
Ok so I was driving the 92 RS mx3 around today and then it s--- the bed. I accelerated from a stop and it wouldnt go in second. Pulled over and then shut off and turned it back on and I could go again but then I couldnt change gears like a little bit after that, stopped and a gas station and thats when it got really wierd. I would put my foot on the clutch a little and it would be kicking back at me, and holding it all the way down would create a whinning sound, so my friend and I kept trying to get it in gear, it wouldnt move. Then it just turned to s--- and putting the clutch in would make the motor die and then we kept trying to figure out what was wrong and it started smoking, so we left it there. So I dont know which it is the clutch or the tranny, can anyone help

Well it comes out of gear no problem but that was my guess take the tranny out and look at it. Also we tried to push start it today but I couldnt get it in gear while the car was moving any guesses?

Ok so one of the guys from the forums and I hooked up today to try to get my car running, we ended up finding out my battery was almost dead so we tried to jump start me, we connected everything right, and what happened the negative end melted not the plastic, no the metal, cause my main fuse the huge a-- 80 amp one was fried either that or that caused it. So got a new battery then later a new fuse, and the car runs but it has a whinny/rubbing noise coming from who knows where, when I rev it when it gets off the gas it like sounds like grinding, I think its the shattered clutch inside my tranny, and I have no clutch pressure now also so, any help?

NOTE* The car wont go in gear while car is on but it will when car is off, if that helps any

So a big a-- update about this, found out I broke my slave cylinder in my tranny, got a new one and it didnt do anything, well the piece that is right next to it, was movable, turned on the car, still no clutch pressure and the vibrating noise seems to have mostly stopped, but that metal piece is stuck in the wrong spot. Also we replaced the slave cylinder and tried to bleed the clutch and couldnt do it no matter what. So I dont know what to do, I hate to ask but if anyone is willing to donate money, it would be greatly appreciated, cause I really dont have the money to get it checked out, its either bring it to a mechanic or just go straight for the BP. Any help would be appreciated greatly, money, advice or a link to someone or some sight I might be able to get some info on would be so helpful. I still havent taken off the transmission and had a look inside, but if I dont get any advice I guess I have no choice. Any donations would be appreciated even the smallest amount. Thanks guys again any advice appreciated.
Sincerely,
Aaron

sorry if this comes off as pieces or odd but I could really use the help, get back to me please, thanks

Posted: October 17 2007, 12:01 AM Well update the car is now at my house and I can get the car in gear but it still will not start up it makes a chug like it wants to but wont start up, any ideas?

Posted: October 17 2007, 11:37 PM bump I need help

Posted: October 18 2007, 12:31 PM Check out page h-004 of the online manual. It has a troubleshooting guide for the clutch. It will give a list of things to check so you can start crossing things off the list and narrow down your problem.

Personally, the first thing i would do is make sure everything in the hydraulic system is in good shape. How does the pedal respond when the motor isnt runnig? If you have pressure than most likely not your problem. If everything is good there, i think you are going to have to pull the tranny and check the clutch disc, pressure plate, pilot bearing, throw out bearing, and clutch fork for abnormal wear. If all those check out ok, than that only leaves your tranny. My guess would be, if everything in the hydraulic system is good, and it wont disengage/come out of gear, that you need a new clutch disc. I hope this helps, i am no clutch expert.

Nate

92 GS - Probe GT CAI, Pacesetter short shifter, black altezzas, kyb gr2 struts, h&r springs, ground wire kit, Autometer Oil Pressure Gauge, KLDE, Fidanza flywheel, South Bend Rally Series Stage 1 Clutch, Hotshot headers with custom Y-pipe, magnaflow Cat, 2.25" exhaust, ss clutch line, 15" Rota Slipstreams, 65mm tb, ngk plugs and wires

93 RS - Project Car

Posted: October 18 2007, 4:13 PM Well it comes out of gear no problem but that was my guess take the tranny out and look at it. Also we tried to push start it today but I couldnt get it in gear while the car was moving any guesses?

Posted: October 21 2007, 11:58 PM Ok so one of the guys from the forums and I hooked up today to try to get my car running, we ended up finding out my battery was almost dead so we tried to jump start me, we connected everything right, and what happened the negative end melted not the plastic, no the metal, cause my main fuse the huge a-- 80 amp one was fried either that or that caused it. So got a new battery then later a new fuse, and the car runs but it has a whinny/rubbing noise coming from who knows where, when I rev it when it gets off the gas it like sounds like grinding, I think its the shattered clutch inside my tranny, and I have no clutch pressure now also so, any help?

NOTE* The car wont go in gear while car is on but it will when car is off, if that helps any

Posted: November 19 2007, 11:49 PM So a big a-- update about this, found out I broke my slave cylinder in my tranny, got a new one and it didnt do anything, well the piece that is right next to it, was movable, turned on the car, still no clutch pressure and the vibrating noise seems to have mostly stopped, but that metal piece is stuck in the wrong spot. Also we replaced the slave cylinder and tried to bleed the clutch and couldnt do it no matter what. So I dont know what to do, I hate to ask but if anyone is willing to donate money, it would be greatly appreciated, cause I really dont have the money to get it checked out, its either bring it to a mechanic or just go straight for the BP. Any help would be appreciated greatly, money, advice or a link to someone or some sight I might be able to get some info on would be so helpful. I still havent taken off the transmission and had a look inside, but if I dont get any advice I guess I have no choice. Any donations would be appreciated even the smallest amount. Thanks guys again any advice appreciated.
Sincerely,
Aaron
TheGeneralCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 08:07 PM   #2
chrikri212
AF Newbie

Send a message via MSN to chrikri212
Re: Transmission or Clutch problem

wow i have the same problem. i have a 2001 b2300 truck and i bled the clutch but i still have pressure. everything else is new just put it in and its going into gear when its off but not when its on. i cant figure out why. if u can help me that would be awesome.
Old 01-30-2010, 05:23 PM   #3
young_11_blood
AF Newbie

Re: Transmission or Clutch problem

have you taken the inspection plate off to look at the clutch. also where you fork enters you trans housing there is a rubber sleeve you can take off and look at the for and release bearing. how do they all look. i just had the similar problem and it was the release bearing.
young_11_blood is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mazda > MX-3