Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Opel/Vauxhall > Zafira
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-22-2005, 07:40 AM   #1
Barriem
AF Newbie

Question Zafira diesel starting problems

I have a Zafira 2.0 Di 16v (2000 W). The problem is it refuses to start. I have renewed the glow plug relay and crankshaft sensor with no effect. Local Vauxhall dealer ( robbers ) say " bring it in sir and we'll have a look at it". Anything obvious that could be causing the problem. I'm assuming it's something stupid cos it started one day and refused to start the following day. Funny buzzing like noises coming from the area of the EGR and Vacuum valves beside the battery. Anybody out there got a clue cos I ain't
Barriem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 01:51 AM   #2
2mpv
AF Newbie

Re: Zafira diesel starting problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barriem
I have a Zafira 2.0 Di 16v (2000 W). The problem is it refuses to start. I have renewed the glow plug relay and crankshaft sensor with no effect. Local Vauxhall dealer ( robbers ) say " bring it in sir and we'll have a look at it". Anything obvious that could be causing the problem. I'm assuming it's something stupid cos it started one day and refused to start the following day. Funny buzzing like noises coming from the area of the EGR and Vacuum valves beside the battery. Anybody out there got a clue cos I ain't
2 problems it could be... if parked on a hill engine pointing uphill, you can get an airlock, the breakdowm man tells me a common problem, I cleared by cranking over in 2nd gear and slipping the clutch slightly

The other problem cound be the valves have reached the end of their adjustment, this happened at about 60000 miles to my diesel vectra and similar mileage to my w reg diesel Zafira.... didn't happen to my 03 reg Zafira so maybe the engines are getting better!
2mpv is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Opel/Vauxhall > Zafira