Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Street/Track Racing Stories!
Street/Track Racing Stories! Beat any Mustangs today? Tell everyone about what your Honda can do! (Keep it clean)
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-27-2005, 10:09 PM   #61
sexyv6
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to sexyv6
Re: BEST WIN: no flaming...

my 03 V6 accord beat a 94 z28 camaro... mines stock but his was heavily modded w/ headers, forged pistons, intake, racing clutch, lt4 cam, etc. suprised the heck out of me that I beat him and i was estatic right up until we were both pulled over... great story though
Old 05-02-2005, 08:15 PM   #62
81911targasc
AF Regular

just beat twinturbo supra on road coarse!
U guys need to get up and beat sumone on
a roadcorse not on a friggin dragstrip!

76 porsche 911s custom turbo!!
Tuned to 450 hp!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-09-2005, 07:46 PM   #63
Rampart Crawler
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: BEST WIN: no flaming...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexyv6
my 03 V6 accord beat a 94 z28 camaro... mines stock but his was heavily modded w/ headers, forged pistons, intake, racing clutch, lt4 cam, etc. suprised the heck out of me that I beat him and i was estatic right up until we were both pulled over... great story though
I have to ask, how?
A stock '94 Z28 is faster than than an '03 Accord V6. Could he not drive? A bolt on LT1 can be in the lw 13s to high 12s. And you raced a heavily moded...
Old 07-09-2005, 07:59 PM   #64
Rampart Crawler
AF Enthusiast

Well, I might as well post my own favorite kill.
My friend with his swapped civic picked me up in his father's corsica one night because his car was getting a brake job. So we go around. Run a few 6th gen si's and a new Celica GTS with bolt ons and eat them alive. Not much out to run with. This car is great down low and they usually give up after it pulls a bit.
So, him thinking he won't get a good kill in, lets me take over the wheel. I am cruising down the walmart/other big stores road, and a riced out S2000 pulls up next to us. we have to stop at a light. The guy looks a bit cocky. Laughing as he looked at the two rednecks in an old beat up chevy revving at him*us*. Well, he got the jump at the light, and I just put the pedal down. I could hear the high pitched scream of his engine as he tries to leave us in the dust. He had put about a car from the jump, and by the time we shut down(65mph?) we were at his door and not pulling much.
Sure, we didn't win, but we pulled enough back to make him not look at us at the next light.
On the way back, I saw 350Z I tried to mess with, and I got my ass handed to me.

Btw, the Corisca's mods are mostly unknown. I know he has a big, ls1 style intake(well, the way the aftermarket filters are mounted on top), bigger cc feul injectors, and a few basic exhaust mods. Not sure about gearing or any internals. I think this is just a bolt on type of car.
Old 08-26-2005, 02:51 PM   #65
DUI
AF Newbie

Send a message via MSN to DUI
Spokane washington isn't a real boppin' city but i have been able to colaberate some street races cus our local track sucks (sit in the Kmart parking lot with all my lights on to atract racers). anyways one night we were pulling a fast and the furious by getting 4 car wide on a back road. the line up was my car, a heavily modded mazda mx-3, a "00 2DR EX civic with I/H and a stock integra gs. we had had about 20 cars follow us out there and all the racers agreed on putting atleast 20 bucks into the pot (including myself). at the end of the race it was mx-3 1st, me 2nd, the teg and then the other civic. everyone was talking about that one race for 3 months. i take credit for it : )
DC 4-2-1 2 piece headers
Skunk2 MEGA power exhaust
APC short shifter
Centerforce stage-2 clutch
ATC stage-3 8lbs flywheel
Old 10-21-2005, 08:30 AM   #66
pedal_pusher_sh
AF Newbie

well i wasnt driving my car for this race, it was my boyfrineds car, before i got mine.

he has a 1996 GSR, greddy header, intake, str throttle body, the only person in the whole entire neighborhood that has skunk 2 exhaust and intake manifold, hondata, type-r transmittion, upgrade motor mounts, cam gears, msd ignition, msd coil blaster, cusco sway bar, skunk 2 lowering springs, carbon fiber hood, ACT 6puck clutch, with 8 pound flywheel, short shifter.i thnk thats it?

anyway, there was this mexican guy names josh sanchez, he was talkin hardcore shit, sayin, that he could take my boyfriend anytime, cause his car is fast, and that 4 bangers are shit, blah blah blah, it was a LS1 didnt know what year it was cause i never pay attention,when all he has is intake, with some crappy exhaust and was spraying, so my boyfriend got pissed off and told him that he'd let me race him in his car. so we went to the old street next to the highschool, and raced, and we spanked his ass by like 6 cars. it was f'in awesome, then he started talkin more crap about how we were sprayin n what not but thats a whole nother story. all i know is that the next week school came around, he moved all the way down to corpus christi.
Old 11-13-2005, 10:54 PM   #67
Chiquae07
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Chiquae07 Send a message via MSN to Chiquae07

hum...my best race, was when i was in my parents 2005 toyota sienna. i was driving it to go to the autozone for spart plugs for my sentra, but along the way i saw a really riced out pontiac grand am??? it had the huge wing and the hood scoops and everything but engine. i revved at him, he revedc back. i launched the awd sienna at like 3k rpms doing the brake-gas method and spanked him off the line. it was so funny. but that wasn't the good race.
the good race was when i was in my sentra and raced a 98 accord. we were about even until i hit 3rd gear and pulled on him nasty. i was about 3 cars ahead when it was about 80ish. i saw him at the next light, he asked what i had, i said "air freshener spray" and he got pisses and revved again and i burned him even more. when i passed him i sprayed some of the air freshener out the window while i was pulling lol. the guy got really mad and just turned away from me and never saw him again lol.

For those 9 seconds it takes me to reach 60mph, will be the most fun ill have in this car.
Old 01-02-2006, 02:17 PM   #68
L8R_H8R
AF Enthusiast

Beat a lightly modded Sentra SE-R (i/e/suspension/CF hood) with my stock non-vtec 96 Prelude 4/4 times. My first real race, somewhat exciting to me.
At the time, McLaren was racing successfully with Honda engines, and it seemed logical to approach Honda for an engine meeting Murray's requirements. But the Japanese declined, feeling that they could not spare the capacity to develop such a project.
Old 02-14-2006, 07:27 PM   #69
Ralliart 3000gt
AF Enthusiast

Wink Re: BEST WIN: no flaming...

My 3000gt vs 450hp Nissan Skyline GTT going up air port strait I get about a cars lauch on him stays that way untill we hit about 160kph and then I take him all the way to 290kph he is a dot in my reverse mirror....

Supra TT races past me in a just befor a 100kph zone at about 150kph nice long strait so I shift into 3rd he's still pulling on me 4th he's still pulling 5th and I'm going 260kph where I start to catch up take 6th to 290kph where I take him out......
Old 04-06-2006, 12:29 AM   #70
Angelo187
AF Newbie

Great race story and a crazy win here.
This was just over a month after the '06 mustangs were released. It was around midnight and this kid passes me in daddy's new 'stang on the freeway then merges right in front of me. 2 Miles later i end up right next to him at a stoplight. Theres an intersection and stoplight and then just about 1/2 mile after the stoplight the freeway turns into a regular 2 lane highway. So i look over and the drivers friend points at me and then they start laughing. Guess they thought they were cool because they passed me while i was doing the speedlimit. Then he gives me a lil hand gesture saying come on. It looked like a 2006 Mustang GT, which i had recently learned from a magazine has a 4.6L V8 rated at a pretty impressive 300 bhp.
I wasnt too worried though since i was in my beast. A 1997 30th Anniversary Camaro Z28. Now it is the stock 5.7L LT1 6 speed but i have a procharger and twin highflow intercooler on it. The one major advantage to the LT1 instead of swapping to something like an LS1 is that is I am getting 20 PSI out of my supercharger. So i look over at the kid and give him a true America Muscle Growl feeling pretty confident with my 480+ hp.
He revved back for a while and then stoped for no reason, making it obvious that he was in an automatic and had to shift to Drive in anticipation of the green. Im sitting on a crazy amount of torque, and when that light turned green i let the clutch out at like 3k rpms and torched off the line. I look to my left for a sec because i shifted into second early and was really suprised to see him pull right next to me. I guess the automatic redlined and stuck with me in the bottom two gears.
He stuck with me for around the first 1/8 mile which really, really, suprised me. When i hit 5th though my baby was growlin and i pulled infront by more than a car length at the quarter mile and then merged infront of him. I ended up like 3 or 4 carlengths (according to him) infront when i hit the single lane at 1/2 mile. I ended up smoking down the highway at 140 before i had to slow down. I have bad rear visibilty because its a convertable but i was suprised how close it was. I slowed down and he passed me again, and when he does i notice an intake on his hood. I was like wtf. So we both pulled into a fast food parking lot like 2 min later.
Turned out the car i beat was a Saleen S281. Under the hood was a 4.6L Superchared V8 pumping out a very respectable 435 HP. Suprised the heck out of me, but im extremely happy to say that i toasted a $60,000 Saleen. Camaros for life baby!!

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Street/Track Racing Stories!