Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mazda > B-Series/Bravo/Bounty/Drifter
B-Series/Bravo/Bounty/Drifter Bravo is the Australian vesion, Bounty the New Zealand version and Drifter the South African version.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-10-2010, 09:49 PM   #1
DonC10
AF Newbie

93 B2200 any ideas?

I have a 93 B2200. Was trying to save gas one day and shut truck off going down a hill and dropped clutch to start while doing about 25mph. Now it dies when warm and when i press throttle more than 25% when warm. When cold will idle fine and pressing throttle does nothing but rev up. I've changed fuel filter, pump, plugs, wires, cap, rotor, o2 sensor, pcv valve, checked ECM no corrosion or bad spots, cat. conv not plugged and throttle pos. sensor tests ok.? Anyone, truck been down for weeks. Thanks
DonC10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 11:23 PM   #2
34_Fan_4_Life
AF Newbie

Re: 93 B2200 any ideas?

Timing belt or chain ???

If it is a chain, you could have stretched it and now it will run like crap when it heats up and expands.

You also could have jumped a tooth if it is a belt.
34_Fan_4_Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 06:58 PM   #3
adamgrant
AF Newbie

Definitely sounds like a timing issue
adamgrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 11:20 AM   #4
DonC10
AF Newbie

Thanks for the response the truck does have a timing belt. Also changed ignition coil pack few days ago and still acts up. Now, someone said something about mass air flow sensor so re checked it with meter and according to Chiltons manual it's fine. And after testing it drove fine for a day then back to same prob. so thought maybe maf sensor plug not making good contact. I was wrong and back to square one.
Old 04-02-2011, 01:02 PM   #5
adamgrant
AF Newbie

Could be a MAF issue, try tapping it when its running to see if it acts-up.... The PCM is along the side of the passenger floor?? I would take the cover apart to check for corroision inside.
Old 04-03-2011, 11:27 AM   #6
DonC10
AF Newbie

The PCM is clean and has no corrosion, and tried tapping on the MAF sensor before testing it with a meter. So far I"ve changed fuel filter,fuel pump, cap, rotor, plugs, wires, pcv valve, water temp sensor, thermostat, 02 sonsor, ignition coil, and tested and or checked cat. converter, throttle pos. sensor, PCM, Maf, and fuel pressure is where it should be. Now when it does act up the check engine light comes on and it starts puffin smoke. And at one point the check engine light would flash on and off in about 3 sec. intervals and the truck would bog down when it came on. I'm not a mechanic but have done all our vehicle maint. for the last 18 years and this is first time had one down this long.
Old 04-03-2011, 11:29 AM   #7
DonC10
AF Newbie

I appreciate all the comments and suggestions. DonC10
Old 04-03-2011, 12:32 PM   #8
adamgrant
AF Newbie

When the check engine light flasheds it indicates that there will be damage to the conevrter if not addressed..... Before putting anymore parts on the vehicle, it might not hurt to start with the basics.... since it seems to stem from shutting the engine off at at 25mphthen restarting. I wuold check the engine timing, remove the front covers and make sure the belt is 100% on, its only the valve gear and crank gear, make sure the tension spring isn't stertched and compression test