Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Pick-Up
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 04:30 PM   #1
devilsadvocate
AF Newbie

Toyota Hilux D4-D 2KD-FTV engine rev problem

Hi, I work at a garage. Still learning stuff. Hope someone helps me on this so i can impress the boss. We have a Toyota Hilux D4-D 2KD engine. The problem is that when it reaches 2000 r.p.m, the check engine light turns on, the car does not rev anymore and there is a knocking sound from the engine. The car starts perfectly but as soon as it reaches 2000 r.p.m this problem occurs. The owner of the car went for diagnosis and it pointed to a faulty supply pump. we tried another supply pump but still no luck. Recently we changed the injectors but the problem still remains. Please guide me what else i can check. We have also changed the diesel filter and oil filter. I am aware i have to input the compensation codes on the injectors into the E.C.U but i think the problem is somewhere els. Thanx
devilsadvocate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 02:19 PM   #2
Dubi Mlilo
AF Newbie

Re: Toyota Hilux D4-D 2KD-FTV engine rev problem

Hi, I hope I someone helps me on this, I have a Toyota Hilux D4-D 2KD engine. The problem is that when it reaches 2000 r.p.m, the check engine light turns on, the car does not rev anymore and there is a knocking sound from the engine. The car starts perfectly but as soon as it reaches 2000 r.p.m this problem occurs. I went for diagnosis and it did not pointed to anything.
We changed the injectors but the problem still remains. Please guide me what else i can check. We removed and replaced oil but there is still no change. The mechanic suspects the engine could have knocked and he is suggesting we replace the engine. Please help
Dubi Mlilo is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Pick-Up