Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Renault > Laguna/Laguna II
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 09:35 AM   #1
jonny3636
AF Newbie

Laguna 11 clutch?

My Laguna's clutch is sticking. The pedal will stick down about 2inches from floor but it is still usable. I just flik the pedal with my big toe and the clutch pedal returns to normal. This happens when I am in traffic or when reversing. Any one had this problem, anyone have a solution.
Thanks.
Jon.
jonny3636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 07:02 AM   #2
H34TON
AF Newbie

Re: Laguna 11 clutch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny3636
My Laguna's clutch is sticking. The pedal will stick down about 2inches from floor but it is still usable. I just flik the pedal with my big toe and the clutch pedal returns to normal. This happens when I am in traffic or when reversing. Any one had this problem, anyone have a solution.
Thanks.
Jon.
I have exactly the same problem jon. I've taken it back to the dealer and still it's the same. It looks like going to a main dealer.
Mines the 2002 dynamique 1.9 dci sports tourer I wonder if it's the same across the range??
H34TON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 04:28 AM   #3
autolamachin
AF Newbie

Re: Laguna 11 clutch?

It could be the Master Cylider (£25 from Renault) just in the bulkhead behind the engine - It takes around 25 minutes to change - The syetem will need what is called bleeding with a pressure bleeder around £15 from halfords. You unclip the master cylinder arm from the back of the clutch pedal and then unclip the fluid pipe to the cylinder in the bulk head pull the flexi rubber pipe from the brake fluid reservoir then turn the mastercylider anti clockwise them withdraw it. Pu the new cylider in fix the thing to the clutch pedal refit the pipes to the cylider and reservoir. Take the pressure bleeder and fill with the correct hyraulic brake fluid (£2 to £10 depends were you go for it). You jack the car up take half the pressure from the front passenger tyre to take it to 1.5 bar pressure fit the pressure bleeder to the resservoir for a air proof seal (the bleeder ahs to be full of fluid). You then find the bleed nipple which at the from of the car and is got to from under neath the car. You fit a bleeding kit to the nipple. When the bleeding kit is fitted to the nipple you use a 9mm, 10mm ring spanner turn the nipple counter clockwise and bleed under pressure untill you see no bubbles showing in the fluid when this happens you re tighten the bleed nipple. The sytem should be bled with the clutch pedal up and then down. Whilst bleeding the system make sure you keep am eye on the pressure bleeding bottle to make sure you havent let it emty all the brake fluid you have put in it. Haynes manual take you thorugh all this with pictures. It sould all take less than an hour to do this job. You only need a chaep set of spanners £5, brake fluid £3, Master cylinder £25 or less, pressure bleeder £15.
autolamachin is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Renault > Laguna/Laguna II