Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > McLaren > F1
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-04-2004, 01:25 PM   #1
Mclaren240!
AF Regular

Wanted!

Could anybody plese help me im after the following.

Scans from the autocar Mclaren book

Pics of the japanese siliver car whith red stripe they apear not to be working in the outher forum.

Info on whats for sale at the moment particualy at taylor and crawley as they are within travilling distance i think. Can i press my nose againts the showroom windo as it where any precise directions?

Also on my travles in london i stumbled across a purple yes purple car with black painted wheels no HDF any poics info the only one ive ever sceen on the road apart from one which i think was KP5 was the right colour going the outher way behind a crash barrier but was an f1 im sure. Is it still used by the sales manager as a company car belive it has covered over 40/50,000 miles!!!! (which would have helpd its recourd run) is it now traped in the future museam. Sorry this is my secound Thread so soon i just have so many questions...... If i can get my scaner working will put up my admitidly not very good pics of 007 at goodwood that year,

Many thanks mclaren240!
Mclaren240! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 12:32 PM   #2
Peloton25
McLaren Fanatic

Thanked 1,763 Times in 741 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Peloton25
You seem very.... what's the word? ....excited.

I'll try to help you with what I can at the moment.

Scans from the Autocar book I have, but I don't have them hosted. It could be a little while before I get time to upload them, but I'll put it on the to-do list unless someone else wants to be kind and beat me to it.

Pics of the silver car with the red stripe in Japan - I was just looking at the original website they came from less that two weeks ago and the pics were still active. I'll try to find the link again. It's really not that special, just another silver F1 that happens to have a red stripe on the ventline of the door.

Someone else will have to help you with Taylor & Crawley. For the record though, most places that advertise an F1 for sale do not have them just sitting around. Most cars are sold on consignment.

As for the purple car you mention, it's really more blue than purple. This should be the one you are referring to:

It's chassis #040, owned by someone named Gary who posts on PistonHeads.com under the username 'flemke'. Very entertaining to read his opinions on the car over there.

I look forward to your #007 pics from Goodwood.

>8^)
ER
Peloton25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 01:26 PM   #3
Mclaren240!
AF Regular

Am very excited though i was the biggest car nut there is but you guys no so much more than me. Am shore 040 ist the car i saw unless its been repainted from purple spent some time gawping at its as i followed us also dont remember the high mirrors thougth that could be my memory but it defanitly had those black out wheels Hmmmm... Wonder what it was. Yes i most get the bleeding scaner working......
Old 12-06-2004, 02:20 PM   #4
mini magic
AF Enthusiast

Re: Wanted!

Screw your scanner! Go to the local camera shop and pay $5 and they'll do it! I WANNA SEE PICS!
mini magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 01:22 PM   #5
Mclaren240!
AF Regular

O no wait didnt realsie what you ment at first Peloton25 not sure why i used that smily. Picks are not very good one of them got wet and the glos has come of dissertation takes prefrance put i will put them up prehaps as a christmas prezz for everyone!!!!! (serious will try to get sourted before then) Anybody got that link?
Old 12-07-2004, 02:03 PM   #6
Peloton25
McLaren Fanatic

I dug up the link for the silver F1 in Japan with the red stripe:

http://www.sportscarfan.com/yasu/mcl.../my1/mc_01.htm
http://www.sportscarfan.com/yasu/mcl.../my1/mc_02.htm
http://www.sportscarfan.com/yasu/mcl.../my1/mc_03.htm
http://www.sportscarfan.com/yasu/mcl.../my1/mc_04.htm

There was another webpage out there with photos of this car, but I haven't been able to find it yet.

Here's the thread I pulled the link from. There's some other cool stuff mixed in with some other dead links.

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...d.php?t=148034

>8^)
ER
Old 12-07-2004, 05:19 PM   #7
diabloroadster2
AF Newbie

quick question... is there a story behind the red stripe? seeing as its on more than one, it makes me think there is
diabloroadster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 05:29 PM   #8
Peloton25
McLaren Fanatic

I can't think of one. I'd be interested to hear if there was a 'reason' though.

There are at least 4 cars that have it or have had it at some point. I'm kind of indifferent about it, but it wouldn't be something I'd add to my own F1.

>8^)
ER
Old 12-08-2004, 05:06 PM   #9
Mclaren240!
AF Regular

O.K. Guys one good turn deserves another as promised 007 at goodwood cant remember the year this is the best pic I have others also there was the 95 lemans winner which I believe was in non running condition. Yes I have pics can scan if anyone’s interested but there as bad as this one I know this pic is not so good but I figured somebody might want it but this whole file size thing make the quality even worse! Thanks for the link to the other thread wow love both those cars quite like the red stripe don’t think id ad it to my car (one day…one day) but would not remove it either.

Edit any one know how a put a pic up?
Old 12-08-2004, 05:39 PM   #10
Peloton25
McLaren Fanatic

To put up an image, you must first have it hosted somewhere on the web. If you have webspace or an online photo album, usually that suffices as long as it allows for remote hosting.

Once its uploaded, you need to get the address to the image. Open the page that it lives on and right-click on the image selecting "Properties" from the list. On the menu that pops up, look for the 'URL' and copy that line of test.

Then come here and to embed it in your post you need to put the image tags before and after it. You can type them out manually, or simple click this icon above the posting window. That brings up a small pop-up which you can paste the URL into.

Ultimately, you want something that looks like "[img] http://www.myimagehost.com/album/picture01.jpg [/img]", but you need to leave out the spaces that I put at the start and end of the URL.

>8^)
ER
Old 12-09-2004, 12:23 AM   #11
Peloton25
McLaren Fanatic

McLaren240! gave up the fight and sent me this picture to host for everyone. It's a shot of the familiar chassis #007 at Goodwood one year.

>8^)
ER

Last edited by Peloton25; 01-12-2005 at 03:05 AM.
Old 12-09-2004, 09:04 AM   #12
drewwtms
AF Regular

Excellent! Thanks for the pic! It's good to see that this car has had a very healthy dose of public attention.
drewwtms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 02:54 PM   #13
Mclaren240!
AF Regular

If anybody wants i have some more pics of 007 (though rubbish) at goodwood and some of the 95 lemans winner at the same event i have also uncover two of the 96 gtr at goodwood on anouther ocasion if anybody wants i can e mail them. Just tell me what you want.
Old 12-09-2004, 03:31 PM   #14
Peloton25
McLaren Fanatic

We will take them all if you don't mind sharing. If you send them to my email I will try to get them rehosted and put in this thread later today.

I'm also going to upload the pages of the Autocar McLaren book to an Imagestation album to share with everyone again. I don't recall who here originally scanned them but I know they aren't linked in the original thread any longer. Hopefully Imagestation will not delete the album, but if so there's probably one other place I can stick them.

>8^)
ER
Old 12-09-2004, 04:25 PM   #15
a5678
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mclaren240!
If anybody wants i have some more pics of 007 (though rubbish) at goodwood and some of the 95 lemans winner at the same event i have also uncover two of the 96 gtr at goodwood on anouther ocasion if anybody wants i can e mail them. Just tell me what you want.
We'll take any and all new pics . No picture of a McLaren F1 is rubbish, at least not in my book. So go right on ahead and send them to Peloton25 so he can host them
a5678 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > McLaren > F1