Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Audio Do you live in your car? Then you need to be able to listen to some high-quality music.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-19-2003, 03:57 PM   #1
Ziggymidget5
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Ziggymidget5
ANYONE who has painted their interior

I'm painting my interior with Krylon Fusion paint, and I was wondering if I need a clearcoat, and what good it will really do. I used many coats of Fusion so it's nice and glossy. Also, anyone who hasn't used a clearcoat, how does your paint hold up, and how does it look compared to when you first did it. Thanks, and post pics if you want.
Ziggymidget5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2003, 05:25 PM   #2
hondaracer
AF Enthusiast

Re: ANYONE who has painted their interior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggymidget5
I'm painting my interior with Krylon Fusion paint, and I was wondering if I need a clearcoat, and what good it will really do. I used many coats of Fusion so it's nice and glossy. Also, anyone who hasn't used a clearcoat, how does your paint hold up, and how does it look compared to when you first did it. Thanks, and post pics if you want.
I've re-done the interior for my bro and it turned out great. I didn't use a clear coat and the paint holds up pretty good. Since its mostly all upholstery I used this vacuum to clean the carpet and seats so the paint would stick the best. Turned out great, he loves it, don't have any pics for you to show but it looks like he bought a whole new interior dress up kit. You can use a clear coat if you want for extra appeal, but be sure to not let too much direct sunlight hit after the first couple days you put it on. Keep it in the shade and put up a winshield cover.
hondaracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2003, 12:43 AM   #3
TheNotoriousMogg
AF's #1 Bad Guy

Send a message via AIM to TheNotoriousMogg Send a message via Yahoo to TheNotoriousMogg
do not use clear coat on fusion it will eat the paint, I don't know why but when we did it too my buds door panels which are painted with fusion it ate the paint up after we applied clear coat

thegrumpysergeant.net
TheNotoriousMogg is offline   Reply With Quote