Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Chariot Grandis
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-28-2004, 02:53 PM   #1
mattd1
AF Newbie

Talking Navigation & MMC

we have just brought a Mitsubishi Chariot Grandis imported from Japan to NZ. It has satelite navigation but it is in Japenese. We have found a Navigation Soft cd which is the software for it, but have not been able to find any English software, does anyone know what needs doing to change it over to English and NZ map?

Also the MMC controls are all in Japanese, any ideas on how to make these English also?
mattd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 05:44 PM   #2
mdavies
AF Newbie

Smile

I too have just bought a chariot that is a jap import. I cannot really answer your question other than to suggest you buy a manual for the car in english there are plenty on the net, this is what I intend to do.
You mentioned that you have sourced a disc.
I have just had to replace the battery on my car and the MMC no longer works as it needs either a code or a reload cd. Where did you find your cd this may help me find what I am looking for.
Cheers
mdavies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 10:46 PM   #3
mattd1
AF Newbie

Re: Navigation & MMC

Thanks for that. Our cd was in the cd player under the front seat. Do you want us to cut a copy for you?
mattd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 02:58 PM   #4
mdavies
AF Newbie

thanks matt
It would be great if you could send me a copy, I will send you a cheque to cover your costs. I am in Blenheim in the south island.
My email direct is madavies@xtra.co.nz if you want to get in touch and arrange things.
Thanks Mike
mdavies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 11:36 AM   #5
gavinveronica
AF Newbie

I have a Cd that activates all Chariot super exceeds that have the multi communication system made between 1997- 2000. If you have a Japanese overlay on your tv screen then this disc resets all that. I can be contacted on vrongav@talktalk.net

Last edited by gavinveronica; 09-03-2008 at 04:03 PM.
gavinveronica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2004, 02:36 AM   #6
Greg Heasley
AF Newbie

Gavin,

We've just moved to NZ from South Africa and we bought ourselfs a 1999, Chariot Grandis Exceed. They dont have them in SA and we are stoked with the car!!
Only problem is that the english manual doest help with the Japenese MMS, so if i could somehow get a copy of that cd it would help heaps.
Thanks, gregheasley@gracenet.co.nz
Greg Heasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 03:30 AM   #7
beijerling
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Navigation & MMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavinveronica
I have a Cd that activates all Chariot super exceeds that have the multi communication system made between 1997- 2000. If you have a Japanese overlay on your tv screen then this disc resets all that. I can be contacted on gavin@gavin2.wanadoo.co.uk
I too have just purchased a Japanese import in New Zealand and would very much like to have the MMCS converted to English. I've read on another foru that the language is actually hard-coded in the unit itself and that the CD only contains activation codes. Do you have a Japanese import Chariot yourself and/or do have actual experience that using this CD converts the Japanese software/screen text to English?
If so would you be willing to send me a copy of the CD?

My personal email address is beijerling@slingshot.co.nz

Thanks,

Daniel
beijerling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 03:36 AM   #8
beijerling
AF Newbie

Question Connecting a DVD player to the MMCS

Does anyone have experience with connecting a DVD player to the MMCS?

Daniel
Old 12-05-2004, 03:46 AM   #9
gavinveronica
AF Newbie

You should have RCA plugs on top of your single CD unit, you plug your DVD into these. You then press the TV button on your radio and scroll to VTR, press play on the DVD and it will play. Remember the DVD has to be set to NTSC or it won't play, also will go off when you put the car in drive.
Old 12-13-2004, 02:29 AM   #10
beijerling
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavinveronica
You should have RCA plugs on top of your single CD unit, you plug your DVD into these. You then press the TV button on your radio and scroll to VTR, press play on the DVD and it will play. Remember the DVD has to be set to NTSC or it won't play, also will go off when you put the car in drive.
Hi Gavin,

Thanks for your reply.
Please excuse my ignorance but I'm not quite sure what RCA plugs are. Are they the small round plugs, with a single pin in the middle (usually collored red, white and yellow), like the ones used to connect audio/video equipment? If so, I can't find any of those.

The only connections the single CD unit (under the drivers seat) has are in the back of the unit. There is a round female socket with lots of small pin holes (DIN I believe it's called) and a rectangular one also with a number of small pin holes.

Also, although there is a TV button on the MMCS unit in my Chariot Grandis Exceed it doesn't actually seem to do anything. Do you (or anyone else on this forum) know if perhaps there are MMCS units without the TV function or is there something wrong with my unit?

Thanks,

Daniel
Old 12-13-2004, 02:44 AM   #11
beijerling
AF Newbie

[quote=mattd1]we have just brought a Mitsubishi Chariot Grandis imported from Japan to NZ. It has satelite navigation but it is in Japenese. We have found a Navigation Soft cd which is the software for it, but have not been able to find any English software, does anyone know what needs doing to change it over to English and NZ map? ...QUOTE]

Has anyone on the forum located a Navigation Software CD for New Zealand yet? If so I'd love to hear about it.

Thanks,

Daniel
Old 12-13-2004, 03:06 AM   #12
gavinveronica
AF Newbie

Hi Daniel, please email me at vrongav@talktalk.net I will be able to send pictures and I have all the info you need and although you wont get the TV running a DVD is simple.

Last edited by gavinveronica; 09-03-2008 at 04:04 PM.
Old 12-19-2004, 04:40 AM   #13
beijerling
AF Newbie

MMCS language conversion CD Myth

Hi Everyone,

Well after pursuing all avenues in search of the existence of a suposed CD that can convert the Japanese on-screen text of the MMCS to English, (even Mitsubishi New Zealand themselves know of NO such CD), I have come to the conclusion that unfortunately none exists.

However, there is a reboot/reset/initialisation CD that is needed to reboot the MMCS after it's been without power (e.g. due to a battery deffect/replacement). If this is the case a white message box appears in the middle of the screen (in Japanese) stating the need for the CD. These CD's are/should be had by official Mitsubishi dealers who can reset your system for you.

There are a couple of private individuals out there, lucky enough to be in possesion of a reboot/reset/initialisation CD, (on this forum and the following forum: http://www.mitsubishi-forums.com/f5-...gnum-forum.htm) who may be willing make a copy on request for a fee.

There is an English translation of the Chariot Grandis user manual available via www.jpnz.co.nz which, although it does contain usefull/interesting info about the car, contains absolutely NO INFO on the use of the MMCS!

A lot more usefull is the English translation of the user manual for the 3 different types of MMCS, also available from JPNZ, which you can find by using the following link:

http://www.jpnz.co.nz/xcart/customer...8&cat=3&page=4

Good luck,

Daniel
Old 12-19-2004, 01:27 PM   #14
gavinveronica
AF Newbie

sarahranson@aqua-pacific.com will post you a book from the UK and ti tells you everything you need to know about your MMCS.
Old 01-09-2005, 02:09 AM   #15
rabs999
AF Newbie

Hi All,

Until recently I faced a similar delimma as many here on this thread regarding getting our MMCS going. I can safely assume the battery had been disconnected at some point prior to the car arriving in NZ ('98 Grandis Super Exceed) as it was asking for the cd to be inserted. Thanks to this thread and Gavins post, I made contact with him via his email address and arranged for him to send me a cd to get our MMCS going. The total cost was 20 quid and it arrvied mid last week, and it's running perfectly. So it took about 2-3 weeks to arrive which considering this was over xmas and new year was good going. I can thoroughly vouch for Gavin's excellent service. He's been a life saver.

Like Daniel I have purchased two manuals produced by JANZ for the Chariot Grandis and MMCS, both of which are very good, the MMCS manual is great and covers 3 versions of the system. My only complaint is that is stops short of detailing the trip computer info.

Lastly my cousin (by marriage) works for Mitsubishi NZ and I have found out from him that there is a chip (not a cd) that will enable the text displayed on the MMCS screen to be converted from Japanese to English, it's pricy though, NZ$1,400. I'll see if I can get more details and post a seperate thread as soon as I can.

Cheers

Adam
rabs999 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Chariot Grandis