Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Eagle > Premier
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-01-2003, 08:30 PM   #16
joedirt76
AF Enthusiast

Ok figure this one out... the engine was dropped, the new tranny was put on, it was whipped all back together...the mechanic goes to start it...and the engines missing...running like a lawnmower... I got him parts off the old car....MAP sensor, computer. What else can it be...it ran fine before the tranny job. It has new wires, plugs... any ideads!?!
joedirt76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 12:01 AM   #17
speediva
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to speediva Send a message via Yahoo to speediva
2 words: SELL IT. It will be NOTHING but problems. NOTHING. I promise you. I know that all used cars are money pits, but that one was almost as bad as our former 1977 Oldsmobile.

2005 Subaru Forester 2.5X
1997 Honda Civic EX Coupe

Inform yourself:
AF User Guidelines
speediva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 04:22 PM   #18
joedirt76
AF Enthusiast

damn straight

I should have sold it while I could...it turns out the mechanic bent the flywheel, thats why its running the way it is.
The job was totally under the table, I dont know if I can even bring him to court over it, I do have a receipt for $300 I gave him, but thats it... I got myself another car, and Im slowly forgetting about the headaches of my premier...
joedirt76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2004, 11:32 PM   #19
driveway
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to driveway
Re: Eagle Premier/Dodge Monaco

I have a premier for a parts car that is running and complete if you ever cannot find parts email me www.driveway247@yahoo.com

I believe these motors are the same that were put in delorean's
driveway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 05:18 PM   #20
bluefever
AF Newbie

Re: damn straight

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedirt76
I should have sold it while I could...it turns out the mechanic bent the flywheel, thats why its running the way it is.
The job was totally under the table, I dont know if I can even bring him to court over it, I do have a receipt for $300 I gave him, but thats it... I got myself another car, and Im slowly forgetting about the headaches of my premier...
In the Premier's defense,most of the problems are caused by mechanics that do not know how to properly service the cars
bluefever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 05:05 AM   #21
Knifeblade
AF Enthusiast

Hmmmmmmmm, mine's an '89 3.0, picked up for $200 with about 153K on it. Outside of normal expected maintenance/repair [brake pads, shoes, oil/filter, the expected stuff], and a rather loud valve rattle at start-up, mine has never given me any problems, other than that it old and a bit worn, mechanically. Mine gets up and goes, though it won't beat too many other newer V-6's, it won't get left in the dust, either. I was able to keep up pretty well against a TransAm with a V8, he had me off the line, but I got to him pretty close at the 1/2 mile. Of course, I don't condone such hi-speed stuff, the Eagle isn't exactly a stable ground-sticker at above hiway speed.
Knifeblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 05:20 AM   #22
Knifeblade
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: damn straight

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluefever
In the Premier's defense,most of the problems are caused by mechanics that do not know how to properly service the cars
Ayep, tell a parts-counter guy or mechanic ya have an Eagle, at best ya get a blank stare or at worst a wtf is that ,

Ah, weel, at least mine still a good runner and daily drive.
Old 03-31-2005, 05:31 AM   #23
Knifeblade
AF Enthusiast

Re: I regret gettin a premier!! Its falling a part!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedirt76
I picked up an 89 premier for $500 about two years ago, I thought it was a great looking car, but it didnt last long... Iwent to change summer tires to winter tires..and discovered that my steering rack and pinion was shot...and my wheels were literally ready to fall off. So I parked that clunker...and days later my cousin comes up with the great idea to offer me his 88 premier... well, I took it, thinking I had the 89 for parts. Well, at the time I wasnt aware that the tranny's were unreliable, the tranny blew on this one.... so now I ve made the decision to swap the tranny from the 89 to the 88. Has anyone here who owns a premier had problems with their transmission...I dont know whether or not to keep the fixed car; or to sell it while it still works...Let me know what you guys think....
thanks
Well, all I can say is that my ride has had nada problem re the tranny, ZF-4. Some of the other tranny's seem very unreliable.

There is the ZF-4, a 4-speed, exclusive to the Premier/Monaco

The A-413, 3-speed [aka the 30 TH] by Chrysler up to 1991

The A-604, 4-speed [aka the 41 TE] '89-'95 by Chrysler

The A-670, updated A-413 3-speed, [aka the 31 TH] by Chrysler, '92-up.

The Eagle uses the ZF-4, foreign-built.
Old 09-07-2006, 10:12 AM   #24
bluefever
AF Newbie

the delorean's had a form of the prv but not the same exact form as the premier

Quote:
Originally Posted by driveway
I have a premier for a parts car that is running and complete if you ever cannot find parts email me www.driveway247@yahoo.com

I believe these motors are the same that were put in delorean's
bluefever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 10:38 AM   #25
Knifeblade
AF Enthusiast

All I can add is that I own a daily-driver 89 ES, drivetrain never has given me problems. Suspension front struts worn at the towers, though, and all the original coolant hoses are finally giving up.

All in all, it's been run to FL from MI and back, Detroit and downstate [around 600 mile round trips], several times, never grunted or balked. Not bad for a $200 car.