Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Torrent
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-18-2011, 09:50 PM   #1
mytorrent
AF Newbie

Excessive noise from engine area.

Hello, I have a 2009 Pontiac Torrent with 25000 miles on it. I was traveling at 65 miles an hour when it started making somewhat of a growling noise or what sounded like excessive road noise. I let off the gas pedal and it went away immediately and when I pushed down again it continued making this noise. I did this a few times to make sure it wasn't just road noise and I pulled over and when at about 30 miles an hour I tried to accelerate and it made the same noise. I crossed the highway and pulled over to do a quick inspection and found nothing. I then traveled for the next half an hour home and it was completely normal. There was no problem accelerating or anything other than a real rough noise when depressing the gas pedal and only made this noise for a short time. I had filled up with gas about 10 minutes earlier and other than that just normal driving. Does anyone have any ideas what might have caused this. thanks in advance.
mytorrent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 10:19 AM   #2
maxwedge
A990 racer

Re: Excessive noise from engine area.

Impossible to diagnose this on the net, someone familiar with diagnosing mechanical conditions needs to road test the vehicle, could be in the drivetrain but where?
Old 06-20-2011, 11:55 AM   #3
GMCustomerService
AF Regular

This could be the result of a number of things. I would recommend taking the vehicle into your local dealership to be diagnosed. They should be able to assist you further and have a plan for addressing the issue. I can also look into this issue further. In order to do so, I will need some more specific information from you. If you could please send me your full name, address, phone number, the VIN for the vehicle, current mileage, and dealer name via private message, I will be able to take further steps. Thank you again and I look forward to hearing from you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.
GMCustomerService is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 07:15 PM   #4
mytorrent
AF Newbie

Well it seems to have cleared up and the check engine light never came on either so hopefully it was a one time event. I will keep monitoring it and if it acts up take it in right away.
mytorrent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 09:56 AM   #5
mike_h_@rogers.com
AF Newbie

Likely wheel bearing. This noise will continue and get worse and worse. Not too expensive to fix however make sure you have an air chisel!
mike_h_@rogers.com is offline   Reply With Quote