Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Wheels/Tires/Suspension
Wheels/Tires/Suspension All the handling help you need. No matter what Honda/Acura you drive.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 02:15 PM   #1
cars-love-hate
AF Newbie

curb pains

ok, i have a 99' honda civic DX, and recently while drivin home from my girlfriend's i took a turn too sharp and clipped my rear right tire on a curb, which of course ruined my alignment (toe in, and camber out)

camber is -2.2" (usual -2.0 to 0.0)
toe is -.70 (usual 0.04 to 0.16)

i took it in to re-align it, and they said my lower control arm was wacked out. so i got some used parts and replaced both my lower AND upper control arms. took it back in and its still out, so i replace the strut (new). that didn't fix it either, so now they are saying its my subframe thats screwed up (at the junction where the lower arm connects to the subframe), which in a current outlook seems to be a 1500$ fix...

my current plan is to try and sell it at the upcoming auction and see if i can get 2K out of it to pay off the rest of my loan...

any ideas to fix it cheap? a dairy mechanic mentioned maybe using a front loader to pull it back out, but that sounds a bit iffy...
cars-love-hate is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Wheels/Tires/Suspension