Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chrysler > 300M
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-11-2016, 09:34 PM   #1
89crown
AF Newbie

install pcv valve

I have a 2003 Chrysler 300m 3.5 base and I'm trying to install a pcv valve and there is limited space between the engine and the cowl and I'm trying to remove the wiper arms and the cowl so I can get to the pcv valve. Can you tell me how to get those wiper arms off. Thanks
89crown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 10:29 AM   #2
tonysilva530
AF Newbie

Re: install pcv valve

Remove the nut covers.....remove the nuts.....with nuts removed, wiggle the wiper arms back and forth, kinda like you are trying to manually wipe the windshield. The wiper arms will eventually free themselves from the wiper mechanism.

No need to mark the location of the arms in relation to the rotating mechanism since there is only one way the arms install.

The cowl brace is easy to remove and makes replacing the pcv valve a breeze.

With the cowl brace removed.....this would be a good time to replace the inner (steering) tie rod bushings. I have replaced these bushings on many of these and similar (LHS/Intrepid) cars......the bushings are dirt-cheap to purchase and are simple to install with that cowl brace removed (plus it really improves the steering feel).
tonysilva530 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chrysler > 300M