Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Jeep > Grand Cherokee | Grand Cherokee SRT8
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-12-2019, 01:35 PM   #1
geoJshaun
AF Newbie

JGC SRT worth it?

Hi AF users. First post here so please excuse me if I'm off base.

I've always had trucks for hauling band equipment and camping gear. A few years ago I changed it up and got VW GLI which hauls ass and handles very well for what it is. I've gotten a feel for the sports car side of things and would like to keep it in the vehicle I drive. On the other hand, I miss having the versatility of a truck/SUV for hauling and being able to handle snow and fire trails (I don't see myself doing any serious off roading but have definitely needed 4WD from time to time).

At first I looked at a JGC trailhawk and then an overland and then a high altitude but wasn't very excited by the boatiness feel of them. Then I tried the SRT and loved it but the price dif is crazy.

I'm also concerned about the drop in quality since chrysler and then fiat took over Jeep. I hear this is more of an issue for lower models like the Renegade and the Compass but does anyone know how the merger has affected the JGC lines? Is there possibly a better model JGC that combines sport with light hauling and 4WD ability that's less costly? Would I be wasting my money on a $50k 2016-2018 SRT with 30k miles or less on it?

Thanks,

gjs
geoJshaun is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Jeep > Grand Cherokee | Grand Cherokee SRT8