Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Engineering/Technical Ask technical questions about cars. Do you know how a car engine works?
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-04-2007, 10:08 AM   #1
davecutlass
AF Newbie

Oldsmobile Supreme cutlass 1981/86/87 8 cylinder

Hello, im new to this forum and i would like to ask a question. How much will you have to pay for an 81 or 86/87 8 cylinder each month? any of you have an idea? And another one, my friends selling me his 81 cutlass and his car dosent have the original wheels and i wan't to put Tiger paw GTS uniroyal wheels on it like these: http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/1576/a89b3fx8.jpg where can i purshase them? at the GM company?

Last edited by '97ventureowner; 08-04-2007 at 10:19 AM. Reason: cleaned up link wasn't working at first
davecutlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 10:28 AM   #2
'97ventureowner
AF Moderator

Re: Oldsmobile Supreme cutlass 1981/86/87 8 cylinder

Welcome to AF!
The tires can be purchased at www.tirerack.com or www.bigo.com . You could also call around some of your local tire dealers and inquire if they carry them or can get them. I wouldn't go to the dealer as you will pay a lot more for them, that's if they can even get them. Most of the time when GM manufacturers cars they put out a contract for a certain # of tires they need to fill an order. Tire manufacturers then bid on the contracts in hopes of getting the contract. Many times a different tire or even manufacturer can be used on the same model during the production cycle.
Concerning your first question. I'm not sure exactly what you are asking. Are you trying to find out how much it would cost per month to buy a 1981, 86 or 87 Cutlass 8 cylinder car? If that is what you are looking for , the answer depends on a number of factors. First and foremost the financing costs if you take out a loan to purchase it. The rate and monthly payments can vary based on your credit score and where you get the loan. Also how much the vehicle is worth, and it's selling price. Theoretically, you could pay as little as under $100/month up to over $250/month, once again dependent on a number of factors. I hope this answers your questions. If not post again and we'll try to help.

If a prostitute here in America loses her job to a prostitute in India , is that considered "outwhoring"??-Jay Leno

" A Good Thing To Know"
'97ventureowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 10:41 AM   #3
davecutlass
AF Newbie

Hes selling me it for 2,300$. And thank you for the wheel question!
Old 08-04-2007, 09:12 PM   #4
'97ventureowner
AF Moderator

So do you want to know what monthly payments would be if you bought the car for $2300 and took out a loan? If you got the loan for 3 years, (36 monthly payments), and figuring on a rate of roughly 12%( I arrived at this figure given the age of the car , many lenders may opt for a personal loan which has a higher % rate than a car loan. I figured roughly 12% interest for a personal loan.) The monthly payments would be under $100/month. You may also opt to include any state sales tax on the vehicle when you go to register it at the DMV and any licensing fees. Most of the time those costs can be factored into the loan. Sometimes you also might be allowed to take out a little more in case you need to fix the car and need money to do so.

If a prostitute here in America loses her job to a prostitute in India , is that considered "outwhoring"??-Jay Leno

" A Good Thing To Know"
'97ventureowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 11:25 PM   #5
davecutlass
AF Newbie

Awesome, thanks for your help man!

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical