Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars) The original Z cars - ones that started it all.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-05-2003, 04:54 PM   #1
z24Cavy
AF Newbie

No Boost?

Hey, My brother has a 92 300zxtt. He took it out for a drive the other day and it only had like 5lbs of boost. We checked all the hoses and tightened all the clamps and still nothing. We scaned the ecu and it said the engine temperature sensor was bad. Would this cause it to not boost?? He just had a koyo radiator put in a few days before this, could that have anyting to do with it?? No one around here knows how to work on one of these. any help would be appreciated.
Thanks Tim
z24Cavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2003, 11:57 PM   #2
Z Babe
AF Enthusiast

Is the temp gauge running normal -- any higher than it did before installing the radiator -- and what about with the A/C on, when the car has been still for a few mins.? I assume the thermostat was replaced as well, right?

My Entire Z Collection
The Georgia Z Club
Z Babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2003, 01:55 PM   #3
z24Cavy
AF Newbie

The temp is lower than it was before. Yes the thermostat was replaced. Just got the engine temp sensor gonna go try that.
Old 06-06-2003, 02:45 PM   #4
Z Babe
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by Z Babe
Is the temp gauge running normal -- any higher than it did before installing the radiator -- and what about with the A/C on, when the car has been still for a few mins.? I assume the thermostat was replaced as well, right?
I take it you had a Code 13 from the ECU scan? Hope the temp. sensor works. Good luck.

My Entire Z Collection
The Georgia Z Club
Z Babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2003, 10:07 AM   #5
FlexinTwinZ
AF Newbie

had same problem

You might have to test for air leaks in your hoses. I inspected every hose and clamp and thought they were okay. come to find out, one clamp wasn't tight enough. See if that works because that's the cheapest fix and first step.
FlexinTwinZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2003, 10:07 AM   #6
z24Cavy
AF Newbie

Ok so my brother brought his car to be looked at because it is still not boosting and they said a wastegate was stuck open. Anyone ever have this problem and if so how hard is it to fix? Any idea on what a new one would cost??

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)