Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Audio Do you live in your car? Then you need to be able to listen to some high-quality music.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-22-2001, 11:51 AM   #1
2slow4u
AF Newbie

alarm info?

i am about to purchase an alarm and was depating on the company. i had a clifford and liked it, and nw i hear that dei bough them out. and i also hear that viper is also good. any recommendations on an alarm??
any help is appreciated.
thanx in adv.
l8r
2slow4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2001, 10:02 PM   #2
servo411
AF Newbie

dei is viper and they did buyout clifford. the viper line is very good. i have a viper remote start and alarm and i have no problems whatsoever.(i should also point out that i have a 5 speed and i installed the alarm and remote start myself)
black
aem cai
2 12 inch mtx 6000's
alpine 4 channel amp
mtx mono amp
infinity 6.5's fronts
infinity 6x9's rears
alpine cda 7875 hu
all monster cable
del sol rims's
blue neons
viper 550 esp alarm w/ remote start

servo411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2001, 11:20 PM   #3
Spec-V
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Spec-V
Question

How did you install the remote starter by yourself on your 5-spd? I'm only curious because a guy I know who works for a place that sells radios, alarms, remote starters and the like said it was hard to do and you had to by-pass something because of the fact that to start a manual tranny car you need to step on the clutch, also it was against the law in Jersey to have them because there were accidents of people that remote started the car and didnt have their e-brake on.
95 Dodge Neon
-146,000 miles
-Sony head unit
-2 stock speakers in the rear

"Never believe anything you hear and only half of what you see"
Spec-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2001, 11:36 PM   #4
servo411
AF Newbie

all you have to do is find the clutch switch and bypass that and throw insome sort of safety switch. mine is wired to not start without the e-brake up.the two guy s i work with have them too but they have their's wired to the shifters, it's hard to explain but all they did was make a little bracket that if it's in gear it it hits the bracket and won't statrt
black
aem cai
2 12 inch mtx 6000's
alpine 4 channel amp
mtx mono amp
infinity 6.5's fronts
infinity 6x9's rears
alpine cda 7875 hu
all monster cable
del sol rims's
blue neons
viper 550 esp alarm w/ remote start

servo411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2001, 11:48 PM   #5
Spec-V
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Spec-V
Looks like I'll be enlisting help on that project.
95 Dodge Neon
-146,000 miles
-Sony head unit
-2 stock speakers in the rear

"Never believe anything you hear and only half of what you see"
Spec-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2001, 08:59 AM   #6
2slow4u
AF Newbie

thanx fellows!

i am going with the viper 600. i can get it with the install for $337. i thought that was a good price so i am going to get it after the holidays.
and i really like the idea of the remote start, but never new you can have a remote starter for a manual. i will get that installed also.

thx again
2slow4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2003, 07:09 PM   #7
ponchonutty
AF Enthusiast

Re: alarm info?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slow4u
thanx fellows!

i am going with the viper 600. i can get it with the install for $337. i thought that was a good price so i am going to get it after the holidays.
and i really like the idea of the remote start, but never new you can have a remote starter for a manual. i will get that installed also.

thx again

WOW, for $340 I'll come up there and install a NEW model #650xv! Man, I been selling that Viper 600 last year for $225 installed. You must have high inflation in CT? Click the link down below and look around. Listed is all the current models they are selling. Prices have not changed from DEI. If you have the money, get a 2-way remote. Also, if you plan to get a remote starter, you'll be way ahead if you have it done all at once. The alarm/starter combo is awesome. Also, ALL OF THE ALARMS GIVE YOU THE SAME AMOUNT OF PROTECTION. So, if you have a basic install of a 300 or 800, the 800 won't work any better. The only thing you get is the ability to do more things with the higher models because they will have more channels on the reciever and also more "zones" to monitor but on your car, you do not need any more than 4 really (impact,doors,trunk,hood) unless you want a radar sensor.

http://directed.com/security/viper/viper_esp.asp
ponchonutty is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio