Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Audio Do you live in your car? Then you need to be able to listen to some high-quality music.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-06-2003, 08:41 AM   #1
2cm
AF Newbie

Need help connecting my pedal covers into the fuse so they light up

I have put some new pedal cover things on my original pedals and they are suppose to light up... it comes with a transformer and a switch and some wires... there is a grounding wire (what do i do with that?) and then a wire that is suppose to go into a 12v something... its just a wire
Well i was wondering if it was possible to install this so that when i turn on my interior lights this would come on with them (dashboard lights, cd player lights, etc)
id also like to know where im suppose to put the wire so that i can work this with just a switch... but id like set this up so that the pedals come on with the other interior lights and headlights
I have a 2000 honda civic ex

and as you may be able to tell i know nothing about eletronics

I also have one of those lights that blinks with the music or whatever that has one of the plugs you put into the lighter socket
would i be able to lets say cut the wire and hook it up to a switch?
If so how?

Thanks,
2cm
2cm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2003, 10:22 AM   #2
Haibane
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Haibane
hmm... here are the few things you need to know and could do. The ground wire needs to be attached to a screw, which is attached to a piece of metal in your car anywhere, preferably screwed into 2 pieces of metal, like under seats or somewhere, maybe in the hood. The 12v wire goes to your 12v battery that is in the hood of the car, that everything you have runs off of. you can splice and play with wires since they send the same type of signal, but with your lack of knowledge on what to do with what, I would just leave the light without the remote where it is and maybe invest in one with a remote, and then do some cutting of wires and soddering.
p.s. what does this have to do with car audio?
Haibane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2003, 10:40 AM   #3
2cm
AF Newbie

i didnt know where else to put this lol
since car audio deals a lot with wires and such
2cm is offline   Reply With Quote