Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Street/Track Racing Stories!
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Street/Track Racing Stories! Beat any Mustangs today? Tell everyone about what your Honda can do! (Keep it clean)
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 10:52 PM   #1
defman
AF Enthusiast

eg lsvtec hatch vs. eg h22 hatch

I have a 94 civic cx hatch with a basicly stock lsvtec. The car I raced is a 95civic cx hatch with a basicly stock h22. The only modifications to either car is Intake and Exhaust. Except my b16 head has been ported and had a 3 angle valve job. We raced from a 20mph roll to about 75. When we took off we stayed even in 1st and i pulled about a fender on the h22'd hatch in second. 3rd was short lived but I was slowly increasing my lead. and not to make excuses but I installed adjustable cam gears on my car about 5 hours before the race and my car was set 6 degrees advanced. Later I found that 4 degrees retarded Is the optimal setting. Ls/vtec is the way to go...
defman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 07:43 AM   #2
eurobeaner
AF Regular

Send a message via MSN to eurobeaner
Re: eg lsvtec hatch vs. eg h22 hatch

cant say the "car" is slower, the driver in that car, makes that car slow. switch drivers and see who wins.... the unless the h22 wasnt getting traction or hes just got a poopy motor, I think it should have won....??
Energy Suspension Poly Bushings
15" black VSR's on nitto NT450 not-so extreme performance 205/50/15
CAI
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2489240/1
eurobeaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 09:58 AM   #3
defman
AF Enthusiast

Turns out that the guy in the h22 civic ended up tearing out 1st and 3rd gear out of his tranny later that night... maybe he was having tranny problems... Now that ive got my car dialed in and he has a new tranny on the way, I will video tape the next so theres not any controversy. but just a thought, at a local 1/8mile drag track the h22 civic had a best time of 8.90 with a 80 mph trap speed. Now his 60ft time was 2.01 since he has lsd and my best run was 9.05 with an 84 mph trap speed and my 60ft time was 2.47 since I dont have lsd. Work out the time difference on the 60ft times, take .4seconds off my et and my car is faster, not off the line, but from a roll...
defman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 12:09 PM   #4
Gohan Ryu
AF Enthusiast

Lots of gains from proper headwork...with the headwork done on the B16 and no work done on the H22 those results are expected.
Gohan Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 09:38 PM   #5
eurobeaner
AF Regular

Send a message via MSN to eurobeaner

the tranny thing sucks... i HATE the h series tranny! when i do my swap, im gettin the h2b kit... b16 lsd tranny with h22 motor! yaay, problem solved!
Energy Suspension Poly Bushings
15" black VSR's on nitto NT450 not-so extreme performance 205/50/15
CAI
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2489240/1
eurobeaner is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Street/Track Racing Stories!