Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Almera | Sunny | Pulsar | Bluebird | Tiida | Versa | NX | Avenir | Tino | Stanza
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-16-2006, 08:21 PM   #1
Davinci101
AF Newbie

1998 Bluebird SSS information needed

Hi guys,

Brand new to these forums and just need a bit of advise on a Bluebird please.

My 1991 Prelude is just about to go to that great caryard in the sky and I need to replace it with something a little newer. My first choice is a 1998 Nissan Bluebird SSS I have seen, followed by a 1998 Nissan Maxima (2.5 litre) and finally a 1998 Toyota Camry.

Due to fuel costs these days I was hoping to go for the Bluebird SSS and this is what my questions are based around. How is the SSS different to a standard Bluebird? Will the SSS have enough power to deal with either 4 people travelling or 2 people with alot of gear without straining too much when needing to overtake, etc? The engine I understand is a SR20DE 1988cc DOHC EFI. I am hoping that technology has come far enough between 1991 and 1998 that more power is being produced from a 2 litre engine.

Also, can anyone tell me what the ride comfort is like and also what the handling is like?

If anyone has any thoughts on whether or not it is underpowered and I should be looking to the 2.5 litre, please let me know.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Davinci101

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Almera | Sunny | Pulsar | Bluebird | Tiida | Versa | NX | Avenir | Tino | Stanza