Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Almera | Sunny | Pulsar | Bluebird | Tiida | Versa | NX | Avenir | Tino | Stanza
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-19-2005, 07:02 PM   #1
el cheesmo
AF Newbie

getting the e16 engine to start..

I obtained an 87 NX from a friend that had been flood damaged. I am not looking for a quick fix however one would be nice

The water went 3/4 the way up the engine bay and totalled the computer under the passenger seat. Having replaced the computer I am now at a standstill for what the problem is.
The sparks put off spark (but I'm not sure how strong)
The readout on the computer in test mode cycles through 1-5 (or 6, whatever it is), and according to my manual there is nothing wrong with it.
The fuel get all the way to the solenoid at the top of the carbeuretor but as far as I can tell does not actually get put into the engine. Now I could be wrong here but thats what it seems like at the moment.
Because of the flood damage I am wondering if there are fried wires or electrical components somewhere along the way that could be screwing the gas-into-engine-ing

Any ideas or suggestions? I am looking at fixing it this way before I lose hope and send it to the shop to get it running.

Any comments are greatly appreciated!
Cheers

elC
el cheesmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 12:44 AM   #2
psychopathicdude
AF Regular

Re: getting the e16 engine to start..

See if it will "start" or at least show signs of life if you spray carb-cleaner or starter fluid in the intake. Even with evidence of spark, there may timing or compression issues, or something else strange going on. If it is a carburator problem, you may have a plugged jet or a stuck needle or a bad float...so a little "majick spray" just might knock something loose. Water does strange things to engines...electrical systems and mechanical systems that just weren't designed to run or sit underwater. Best of luck to you man, don't give up.
Old 02-20-2006, 05:32 PM   #3
el cheesmo
AF Newbie

Re: getting the ca16 engine to start..

bent fuel injector...
el cheesmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 08:10 PM   #4
psychopathicdude
AF Regular

Re: getting the ca16 engine to start..

hmmm....or that....running now?

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Almera | Sunny | Pulsar | Bluebird | Tiida | Versa | NX | Avenir | Tino | Stanza