Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Almera | Sunny | Pulsar | Bluebird | Tiida | Versa | NX | Avenir | Tino | Stanza
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-20-2005, 06:24 AM   #1
Cam_308
AF Newbie

1.6 N13 pulsar engine mods?

Hi ive got a 1.6 N13 pulsar n i was jus wondering wat modifications can i make to the existing engine to get a little more hp out of it. Would be awesome if u could help me with this
Cam_308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 01:38 PM   #2
Demon_Crest
AF Newbie

I wish i could be some help..

As it is I am still learning bits and pieces about this engine. I have an E16I and I would do anything to mod it and get some more power out it. If I come across anything in my searchin i will be sure to let you know.

"The Helpless Wonder"
AKA Zach
Demon_Crest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 05:11 AM   #3
projectn13
AF Newbie

Re: 1.6 N13 pulsar engine mods?

well... there are lots of things you can do to your engine... but i say you gut it and put in a SR20DET into it! cause whats the point of putting money into a 1.6 for starters, i would never put money ito anything less than 2.0 liters. so yeh its up to you tho.
projectn13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 09:36 PM   #4
psychopathicdude
AF Regular

Re: Re: 1.6 N13 pulsar engine mods?

yeah.....SR20DET power would be sweeeeeet. SR20VET would be even sweeeeter. If only I had more money, I could buy the things that would make me happy.
psychopathicdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 11:42 AM   #5
mmcleo11
AF Regular

Re: 1.6 N13 pulsar engine mods?

CA18DET will bolt up to your factory engine mounts... even use your factory gearbox or slot in a good 5 speed while your at it...
Forget a SR20 in an N13, the gearbox will be hanging out so far you will never be able to fit your left wheel. I urge you to be realistic
If you want to do up the 1.6, a 2.25" exhaust, extractors and a decent tune up would be good for about 15 - 20hp for minimal bucks

Smashed Black VY SS Ute
The workhorse...
Twin turbo 5.7L LS1
Boyd Coddington 19" Turbine Wheels
AP Racing 4 Piston Brakes
Tein Coil over Suspension
HKS EVC 6 Boost Controller
PLX Devices DM-200 OBDII
Custom Front Mount Intercooler
mmcleo11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2005, 07:58 AM   #6
pulsarguy
AF Newbie

N13 1.6 liter engine mods for Pulsar NX

There is, to my knowledge, no available engine performance parts for these cars in the United States. Some may be available in Australia, but I can't guarantee what you'll find. I did manage to find some lowering springs for the Pulsar from King Springs in Australia, and the price is right, but the shipping is going to kill you.
I have two Pulsar NX's - an 85 that I drive every day, and an 86 that I am in the process of building a road race car out of. Since Pacesetter quit building headers for these cars, I was forced to build my own modified exhaust manifold and downpipe system for my daily-driver, which has a 32/34 Weber (which, by the way, with a few alterations to the stock manifold, bolted right on - same bolt pattern!). The race car will use the TBI system from a 90 Sentra for induction, and I'll probably have to build a real header for it, but for right now I'm mostly concentrating on getting the roll cage in the car and fitting the fuel cell and other components in the car.
Having two cars and using the race car chassis to develop performance parts for the street car has been a blessing, and although I realize that most people just want to bolt stuff on and go, sometimes you have to be able to fabricate equipment for your toys if you want to go fast.

If anybody needs help with Pulsar NX mods, feel free to e-mail me at:
nissanguy@tnaccess.com
pulsarguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 10:35 PM   #7
nismoDave
AF Newbie

Right on man. I do need help. I know enough to fix some stuff and to do some changes ... I just need a Nissan guy to help me with some problems ... I'll be emailing you for sure ...

dave
nismoDave is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Almera | Sunny | Pulsar | Bluebird | Tiida | Versa | NX | Avenir | Tino | Stanza