Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Almera | Sunny | Pulsar | Bluebird | Tiida | Versa | NX | Avenir | Tino | Stanza
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-12-2003, 08:07 AM   #1
jon602
AF Newbie

*What could be wrong when tranny falls out of 3rd gear?*

??????
jon602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2003, 06:07 PM   #2
Creagach
AF Enthusiast

Re: *What could be wrong when tranny falls out of 3rd gear?*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon602
??????
bad tranny mount, or bad tranny.
Creagach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 11:57 PM   #3
bluebirdboy
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to bluebirdboy
Re: *What could be wrong when tranny falls out of 3rd gear?*

Its your sincro, i had the same problem on mine. You could try replacing the front engine mount, but unless it isnt even attached i would take it to a mechanic. My car kept folling out of 3rd and 5th when i reved up. And i thought it was a mount, but it turns out it was the sincro. its too mutch money to replace a sincro, just buy another trany. THeres a million places on the web that sell them for cheap and almost new. Just do a google search, or look on ebay.com
bluebirdboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 02:43 PM   #4
cliffb4n8r
AF Newbie

This is a common problem with NXs and Sentras with the SR20DE. Most people don't have any trouble with 3rd gear... it's more of a 5th gear thing, but a used tranny will most likely have the same problem, because the input gear for 5th is inadequate... Unfortunately, a tranny rebuild runs about $1500... So my best advice is don't lean on your shifter, because it seems to accelerate the problem...
cliffb4n8r is offline   Reply With Quote