Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Isuzu > Rodeo | Passport | MU
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-13-2014, 10:56 AM   #1
dadbuff
AF Newbie

2000 rodeo 3.2 engine interchange

I have a 2000 rodeo that the engine seized up in. I got one from a 2001 rodeo and it ran fine but the speedometer didn't work. I changed the vss but it still didn't work. So I changed the wiring harness. It came out of a 2001 passport. The speedometer still didn't work and it had no power. I took it to the Honda dealer and they said I needed a harness from a rodeo. I got one from a 2001 rodeo and still had the same problem. The dealer said I needed a harness from a 2000 rodeo. I got one but it had an extra plug for a camshaft position sensor and it wouldn't start. The 2001 engine did not have a cmp but where the plug naturally laid there was a spot for the cmp so I installed a new cmp. It started and idled fine and the speedometer works but it still lacks power and I get check engine and transmission lights. It gives me codes for multiple cylinder miss fires and solenoid b in off position. I called the dealer and they said I might need to get an engine from a 2000 rodeo. Is there anyway I can use the 2001 engine I have and if so what do I have to modify?
dadbuff is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Isuzu > Rodeo | Passport | MU