Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > GMC > Envoy
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-05-2014, 01:03 PM   #1
tony.weinfurtner
AF Newbie

2003 Envoy starting issues

I have a 2003 Envoy SLT XL witht he 5.3L. I am having starting issues, when I turn the key nothing happens but I do hear a click. Sometime you can keep trying and it will start just fine. I had a new battery installed last year and anew starter at the same time. Also I am having issues with speedometer and oil pressure gauge not reading correctly. The only CEL is bank #2 lean. Could this be a grounding issue or connection issue? If so where would be the first places to check? The starting issue just started about a 2 months ago when the winter weather was bad with road salt and etc. The CEL comes and goes with weather seems like when its very cold it comes on and when it warms up some it goes away, no idea on this it is very ramdom.
tony.weinfurtner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 08:38 AM   #2
maxwedge
A990 racer

Re: 2003 Envoy starting issues

First you need a full scan for pending and history codes. then when it won't start you have to check for 12v at the starter soelnoid. then back track if none. Gages could be a bad dash ground, or bad stepper motors in the cluster. Ign switches were also an issue on these trucks, not the key cyl. but the actual switch.
Old 05-03-2014, 09:29 PM   #3
tony.weinfurtner
AF Newbie

Re: 2003 Envoy starting issues

I have replaced the ING switch and still getting the same thing, seems to start when I have jump box on it, but the battery and started have been replaced in the last 2 yrs. I will try looking for voltage at the soelnoid
tony.weinfurtner is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > GMC > Envoy