Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Almera | Sunny | Pulsar | Bluebird | Tiida | Versa | NX | Avenir | Tino | Stanza
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-21-2004, 11:53 AM   #1
T3rry
AF Newbie

1986 Multi ca20e, gas and spark but no varooooom.. help

ok, i am havign this issue wiht my stanza, here is a opy/paste from anotherforum i posted this on... thanks for any help

T3rry
Sorta-Newbie

any suggestions?, i knows its getting spark(jupmed a plug wire), and i know its getting gas(took off the line at the filter and it sprayed across the street), but i also know its not going VAROOOOM(just cranks n cranks)!

Gsolo
Post Freak

try posting this under the E/CA section under Sentra. I have no idea what would cause it to do that that just kinda blows my mind.

T3rry
Sorta-Newbie

100 ok so i did soem further checking and determined that all of the fuses are good... i have narrowed it down a bit

i swapped the ecu and that did not help. HOWEVER

i found a diagnostic mode thing on the euc and i put it in that mode. it gave me 3 codes, not sure what they mean

#1 - Idle Controller
#2 - Load Signal
#3 - Start Signal

any insight on this would be appriciated!

T3rry
Sorta-Newbie
where is the idle controller? maybe i'll try swapping that out

Gsolo
Post Freak

lmao....idle controller. nissan gave names to different things then changed the names. i've had stanza's tell me that too and i dont know which is the idle controller.

T3rry
Sorta-Newbie
i foudn out that the injectors are not pulsing... can anyone shoot me a few suggestions as to why this would happen?

Gsolo
Post Freak

worn out; bad signal; bad ecu

T3rry
Sorta-Newbie
i replaced the ecu and that did not help any, the car will run if i spray ether in the intake

Gsolo
Post Freak
my guess would be the injectors are dead. check resistance on them

T3rry
Sorta-Newbie
i put a test light in the actula injector plug thing, and they arent even getting power

nispulsar
NissanForums Newbie

It is missing the power or the ground??? It has to have both to pulse, I believe the comp controls the ground, and the power is there from a fused source, maybe off the ignition switch, or a relay in the vehicle.

Gsolo
Post Freak

somethign like that, i just know you can check the resistance of the injector itself to see if its good or not

T3rry
Sorta-Newbie

any other nissan forums i could post in for help?

KA24Tech
Biru O' Kudasai Moderator

T3rry what year is your car?

First double check all of your engine electrical connections because the ECU is missing an input. The load and start signal are needed by the ECU to control the timing pulse and width of the injector. That is why no fuel going in, but I'll stop by Nissan and check after I can find out what year you have.
I think you said that you checked all of your fusible links, right?

Troy

T3rry
Sorta-Newbie
thanks for the reply, i have checked all of the fuseable links, as well as all of the relays by the battery (4 of them) as well as trying a diffrent ecu and fuel pump... its possible that the load and start codes are maybe becase i am doing the check incorrectly, i just turn it to diag, and thne turned the key to on(one step before start)

BTW i have a ca20e
its in an 86 multi
thanks for the help, if you need any other info post up.
T3rry is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Almera | Sunny | Pulsar | Bluebird | Tiida | Versa | NX | Avenir | Tino | Stanza