Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Caravan | Voyager
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-20-2016, 10:42 PM   #1
hidden1
AF Newbie

fried coil pack/ecm?

I have a 91 Grand Voyager 3.3 and when in a drive thru i noticed erratic idle and sputtering like it ewas cutting out..
it idled poor and was giving me a code 43..coil pack..(it had a split in middle and wasnt firing there)
I tried to do a reset with disconnecting battery--a NEVER .no matter how long..the moment i put battery on and only tirned key to check codes-no start--that same code continued to remain..
I slowly got iy home and as giving gas an pulling close to street it went out--everything--and i was rolling on in driveway on gravity..
No Restart-just a turn over and NOW--NO CHECK ENGINE LIGHT at all...nor if i reset battery...no fuel pump kick in and likely no spark ..Alos--when u connect cable to battery that moment -i usually hear a Click--no more//

I changed the auto shutdown relay and still nothing...is there any other thing that it may have blown as engine shut off?

Did i fry the ecm? i have no way to get a 3 key turn code now..
I put new coil pack in it and still no start ..no check light and no longer that click -as i touch battery positive...nor fuel pump hum..

any ideas?
hidden1 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Caravan | Voyager