Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > SRT4
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-05-2002, 09:07 PM   #1
tuffguy
AF Newbie

Neon SRT -- 205hp, 0-60 in 5.9 seconds

Old 01-08-2002, 01:02 PM   #2
jtautostyle_neon
AF Newbie

damn that's good put do u have proof...... until u show me proof i have one thing to say :bonghitte :monkeypis :badass:
jtautostyle_neon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2002, 03:36 PM   #3
DravenGSX
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to DravenGSX
Proof of what? www.4adodge.com ... is that what you are looking for? Dodge is producing this car and it should be in showrooms by the end of 2k3.
Old 01-10-2002, 08:18 PM   #4
slowANDfurious
AF Enthusiast

Re: Neon SRT -- 205hp, 0-60 in 5.9 seconds

Quote:
Originally posted by tuffguy
2003 neon srt

it doesen't matter what they do to it, it will always be a neon :evillaugh:
girls dig guys who drive neons
slowANDfurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2002, 01:42 AM   #5
Polygon
The Red Baron

Send a message via MSN to Polygon Send a message via Skype™ to Polygon
YESSSS!!

Dodge has brought back the turbo!!! KISS MY ASS is all I can say. I will have one.
Polygon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2002, 08:10 PM   #6
Chris
Oldie

Send a message via AIM to Chris Send a message via MSN to Chris
This is big news, and I'm shocked.
Dodge? Neon? Balls? Neon?

Well, if it handles good, this could be the next big thing.
Old 02-05-2002, 08:56 PM   #7
ferarri69gt
AF Newbie

Neon SRT

Man, thats the hottest Neon i have ever seen. It is almost unimaginable that there is a Neon with 205 hp. Is the car gonna get to production??? With that much HP and speed it will beat the competition like the Mazda MP3 with a weak 135hp .
205HP? That means ita gonna be right next to the leader of the class, the Subaru WRX with 225HP. Lets just hope the price is as good as the car!!! :alien: :flash:
ferarri69gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2002, 06:03 PM   #8
Pharty012
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Pharty012
for all you neon owners.... are neons very reliable??? can they be considered as long term cars or are they gonna become problems towards the later of it's lifetime?
Pharty012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2002, 02:15 PM   #9
Tom_S8
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Tom_S8
I like it i must say , anyway it's not a car for me , but i'm nicely suprised by dodge i have to admit it. But it's still FWD , right? Then not much modifiyng can be done , because FWD cars can't handle over 300hp mostly...
Tom_S8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2002, 04:40 PM   #10
KatWoman
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by Pharty012
for all you neon owners.... are neons very reliable??? can they be considered as long term cars or are they gonna become problems towards the later of it's lifetime?
The '95 and '96 models had a few problems, specifically electrical. With a first run of any kind of new car, there are always bugs to get worked out. '97's and newer are pretty good. They are by no means built like BMW's. If you take care of a Neon and stay on top of maintaining it, it should be a good car. The owner's manual says you don't have to change the timing belt til 105,000 miles but I like to do it at 60,000. When you replace the timing belt, spend the extra $100 and get a new water pump too, because the belt is run off it. My pump went bad at 96,000 mi. and shredded my timing belt, resulting in ruining my motor. I was fortunate to have a good friend who had a Neon motor with only 400 miles on it sitting in storage. I do my maintainance regularly and fix problems as they come up. With the exception of the motor replacement, my other problems have been pretty much blown sensors (which happens over time) and wear and tear. I have had the car for nearly 5 years and 136,000 miles.

Also of note too, I live in Phoenix where the temps get to 115+ in the summer, so cars here work harder and parts (rubber, hoses, etc.) go quicker than cars in places with less extreme temperatures.

As for modifying them, they can handle more than 300hp if you do your stuff right and make a few upgrades. A friend of ours with a Neon designed his own turbo system on the computer and had someone build it for him. The project took about 6 months to complete. He sent a few Viper owners home from the races pissed off I think at one point it did 11 sec or so in the žmile, a few years ago when that was considered impressive. Now there are 8 and 9 second cars out there. He returned it to stock to sell...I have some pics of it at home that I can post in a bit...I am heading home from the office now.
KatWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2002, 12:07 PM   #11
ddavies
AF Newbie

Well - after seeing this car in person yesterday at the Milwaukee Auto Show, I can tell you it's definitely for real. According to the rep. from Dodge, the car will be released in a few months for $19,000!!! Along with that, Dodge will support the car with an entire line of aftermarket mods from MOPAR, sort of like the WRX. Great concept.. I say good for Dodge. It's about time the U.S. car companies woke up and got in on the action.

As for quality, one can only hope it'll be screwed together better than my friend's '96 that literally fell apart at 90,000 miles.
'94 Porsche 968 Coupe 6-spd. (modified)
ddavies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2002, 06:03 PM   #12
Chris
Oldie

I just wish it were rear or all-wheel drive, because a puller is automatically off my list But its alot better than some of the other options out there in the fwd category (ie, civic, focus, GTI), as long as it can handle worth a darn.
Old 03-14-2002, 04:00 AM   #13
Santonucci
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to Santonucci
It is real and MSRP is set at $19,995.

It's a beautiful machine and the fastest sub-compact sports car you can buy for less then $20,000.
It will wreck havoc on all imports and be a terror on the streets.

Front-wheel drive cars can most certainly handle over 300hp, it's all about the driver.

However, I agree with chris in the respect that I believe it should've been rear-wheel...all-wheel maybe, but the thought of loosing power on the AWD drive-train doesn't sound too appealing...I mean, yah you get a wonderful launch...but that'll be all she wrote.

However, if you were to spend $20,000 on your 1st gen Neon, you could most certainly tear the SRT-4 a new one. It's got impressive stats for off the floor stock, but with what you can do to the older ones in after market parts...I'm probably going to stay with my baby!
<TTI Underdrive Pulley>
<Mopar Performance PCM>
<Deyeme Racing Street Pump>
<ATX Throttle Body>
Santonucci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2002, 07:12 PM   #14
Polygon
The Red Baron

Send a message via MSN to Polygon Send a message via Skype™ to Polygon
Well, Dodge has stated that the specs are different now. They are saying 215HP and 235 ft/lbs of torque. And Dodge is making complete aftermarket support for modding these babies. For $20,000 you can buy an SRT modd the hell out of it and tear most cars a new asshole.
Polygon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2002, 11:07 AM   #15
Chris
Oldie

Quote:
Originally posted by Polygon
Well, Dodge has stated that the specs are different now. They are saying 215HP and 235 ft/lbs of torque. And Dodge is making complete aftermarket support for modding these babies. For $20,000 you can buy an SRT modd the hell out of it and tear most cars a new asshole.
You and you're turbo'd Chrysler 4's

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > SRT4