Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > SRT4
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-17-2003, 04:43 PM   #1
Ace$nyper
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Ace$nyper Send a message via MSN to Ace$nyper Send a message via Yahoo to Ace$nyper
Fake SRT4s?

OK i was driving home today and behind me is what looks like an SRT 4 trailing real like 1/4 car off me just being a wank i figure i'll gun it and give the message that hes too close were going like 40ish drop my car into 2nd and zip away and noticed the face was the same but after i was far enough to see it there was NO intercooler. We get to a light he was going left and was a car infront during the light. he had the dual exhaust rims and seats looked like an SRT but it was lacking an intercooler and as he drove off it didn't sound like a SRT at all what gives someone swaped body work I guess maybe an SXT done out? EDIT also i left him when i stepped on it he tried to keep up but couldn't a real SRT would have with out breaking a sweat.
Ace$nyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2003, 06:36 PM   #2
Polygon
The Red Baron

Send a message via MSN to Polygon Send a message via Skype™ to Polygon
Yeah, it was probably an SXT done up to look like an SRT-4. How pathetic.
Polygon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2003, 10:21 PM   #3
Ace$nyper
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Ace$nyper Send a message via MSN to Ace$nyper Send a message via Yahoo to Ace$nyper
OK well it looked like it the only way i could tell was the lack of an intercooler and the fact i pulled on it.
Ace$nyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2003, 09:32 AM   #4
dodgeneonacr1998
AF Newbie

I have seen fake srt-4's.Havent gotten to stomp on one yet with my stock acr!
dodgeneonacr1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 04:40 PM   #5
inzanesrt4
AF Newbie

Rember there might be a srt-4 swaping parts with an sxt so beware or the fake sxt. Thats what someone in my hometown did. total SLEEPER.
I told him he's cruel.
inzanesrt4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 02:02 PM   #6
Blk04SRT-4
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Blk04SRT-4 Send a message via Yahoo to Blk04SRT-4
Red face Re: Fake SRT4s?

Actually you are all wrong. in order to buy the SRT-4 body kit you will pay some where in the area of $2700, the rims are $400 each. what you all were seeing was a 2004-2005 Dodge Neon SXT w/ the optional SRT design package. Now yes who in their right mind would do that? I have no idea, I have a TRUE SRT-4 and i spent $3100 more on my car than that hunk of crap SXT
Blk04SRT-4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 10:48 PM   #7
TEXSRT4
AF Enthusiast

Re: Fake SRT4s?

that is not correct. dodge sells SRT-clad sxt neons. very similar body. slightly different hood, and front facia (dont have radiator air ducts), and smaller brakes. all-in-all though, the average person wont be able to tell the difference. only the trained eye. gives the srt a bad name, one of being a slow car. it means that more and more civics think they are god, and can play with srt's. this means that i have civics with intake and exhaust reving at my 12second sartie. heck even gt mustangs think they have a chance.

if dodge can make money, i guess why not. but it cant be too much cheaper than an srt, the neon sxt is only a couple grand less than srt, so with all the extras you can just out right buy an srt. i think its a joke, but hey what are you going to do
TEXSRT4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 01:14 AM   #8
mr2envy
AF Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to mr2envy

they have the sxt with a specail package you can get that makes it look just like the srt-4 except its not which is pretty retarded cause anyone who does think you are will blow past you if they think they can beat an srt-4
Old 04-30-2005, 08:14 PM   #9
TEXSRT4
AF Enthusiast

its funny, gives us sartie guys a bad name, but makes the car even more fun to drive though. you should see the jaws drop when you blow past a vette or cobra mustang. silly guys paid more than 2x what i did, and im faster! hahaha
Old 04-30-2005, 10:21 PM   #10
Ghost-CAVy
AF Enthusiast

maybe it was the sx2.0 with the srt4 trim package like im looking into buying right away....just becuz its not turbo doesnt make it a fake
Ghost-CAVy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 07:22 PM   #11
TEXSRT4
AF Enthusiast

ummm...dude...if someone put a different body onto the car to make it look like somthing better, its a fake. kit cars (like the cobra's and GT40's) as cool as they are, are still fake
Old 05-03-2005, 12:06 PM   #12
Ghost-CAVy
AF Enthusiast

dude...like it really matters...maybe some ppl are only want a nice looking car without having to spend 10 grand more for the turbo and intercooler...i myself wouldnt want the turbo cuz its not very useful..i dont live near a race track and im not going to street race...but for 1500 more on the sx i would go with the "fake" any day...its just for looks...its not like these ppl are going around saying "oh ya..i have the srt-4" and if they are...then its the ppl that are giving it a bad name...not the car.
Old 05-03-2005, 06:01 PM   #13
TEXSRT4
AF Enthusiast

i have yet to see an srt that is priced more than 5 or 6 grand more than an sx neon. a body kit, hood, wheels and tires, and the spoiler will run you more than 1500. try closer to 3000. why not spend that extra grand or 2 and not be a danger to the road. i hate these people who merge on the freeway 10-20mph too slow. IF YOU CANT HIT SPEEDS ON THE ONRAMP, DONT DRIVE!!! your a danger to everyone around you. that is why you buy the srt, not to drive crazy, or be stupid. i dont race my car, but am pulling out around 300hp
Old 05-03-2005, 10:54 PM   #14
Ghost-CAVy
AF Enthusiast

ok buddy...we arent talking about srt-4's compared to pinto's and i dont where your shopping but where i am an sx2.0 goes for 20-22 grand and the srt-4 goes for 28-30 and the salesman said the srt4 package costs 1500-2000 more and thats what every goes for cuz no-ones gonna race their cars and they want them to look nice at least
Old 05-04-2005, 07:47 PM   #15
TEXSRT4
AF Enthusiast

where on earth does an srt go for 28!!! thats the price of an evo. no one in their right mind would pay that much for a neon. that dealership is ripping you off. if you shop around, an sx will run you 15-18 and an srt msrp is 20-21 so there is only a couple grand difference.

what do you mean by look nice? it has to look fast in order to look nice? why doesnt a neon look nice? instead it has to hvae the same body as the car that is less common and more expensive? or is the kit designed to make an sx look fast? i tend to think it is the second. its designed to look fast. mind you, you are still stuck with the crappy interior (regular seats, gauges, pedal assmeblies) and the stock squishy suspension (that is dangerous, in a panic situation). why spend the extra money making your car look fast, why not just buy the base car and be done with it