Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > SRT4
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-29-2006, 05:21 PM   #106
maykelcj
AF Regular

Re: Why does the SRT-4 cost so cheap?

sheetmagnet you didn't get it. I think das2123 understands better what I said.
and you said that those kids pay someone to midify their cars??? yeah, so what???
don't get me wrong I love neos, but I understand reallity and I'm not going to blind myself from realizing threre are far better cars out there.
I really like the performance package of the SRT-4, but every time I watch a touring turnament, they are far on the winning lists. I think they are extraordinary cars, but side by side a modified neon and a modified subaru are far appart one from the other.
Old 04-30-2006, 04:02 PM   #107
sheetmagnet2
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to sheetmagnet2

No, I completely understand what you said. Believe me, I don't have anything against the Subaru at all. Stock vs. stock, I think the Subaru is a better package than the SRT4. I think there is also more potential (given the $) for modifying the Subaru over the Neon. Of course then again, I think the Evo's are better stock platforms than both of them...

Maybe I misunderstood, but it just seems like when faced with the big horsepower numbers posted by das', you weren't impressed... maybe the opposite, which I thought was a bit biased against the car. And please don't imsunderstand what I said about modifying the Neon... I am not suggesting that there are a bunch of punk kids out there paying everyone else to do the mods for them. I am sure that some of them are, just like with any car or culture. But the point I was trying to make was that most people that throw 400 or 500 hp into a regular Neon probably are pretty knowledgeable about their car, and have taken the time and payed attention to detail to achieve that. It's not like saying "hey my mustang has 400 hp." Yeah? That's not hard to do... most backyard mechanics can pull that off in one day with a small amount of $. What I was saying was that I have more respect for the guy that can do the same or better with a Neon... cuz you know it's a hell of a lot harder to accomplish.
sheetmagnet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 02:08 AM   #108
maykelcj
AF Regular

thank you for your raply. I agree with what you said!!!! I also will like to add that I respect and admire any one that take the time to mod a car I don't care if it is only a few horses what I really like is to see people get passionate about a car....
Old 07-20-2007, 02:44 PM   #109
boostnoober
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LjasonL

I don't care where you read it. If I make a post that says the Porsche Boxster uses a supercharged Range Rover engine, are you gonna believe that too?

haha, you made this post in that thread:

Uhh... the WRX is about a full second faster than the SRT4 in the 1/4, and the WRX and 350Z are even and it'll come down to the driver.

I would think that some day you'll realize you look like an absolute tool with all the misinformation you try to pass off as fact, but no, it just keeps coming.
Dear ljasonl
i created this account just to retort to the above quote of yours.
so, i proceed with the retorting.
you, ljasonl, my dear friend, you are an automotive fuck-tard. do you really think that a stock for stock 350z can beat a srt4, or that the 350z is anywhere near the sti in performance? because, if you do, then you are truly automotively ignorant. i know , i know, this thread is very old and maybe you grew up a little since this post but just in case you didnt know, let me break it down for you

all times recorded by C&D (that means car and driver little ljasonl they are what we big kids call an automotive magazine and all the editors and journalist are automotive engineers and at one time were professional mechanics or drivers aka they are professionals and are highly skilled, accurate,consistent drivers)

2005 350z 30th ann. edtion with performance 6spd short throw and factory upgraded suspension 0-60 ( 5.8) and 1/4 (14.3)

2005 srt-4 acr 0-60 ( 5.3) and the 1/4 (13.8)

2005 sti 0-60 (4.6) 1/4 mile ( 13.2)

and just in case if you didnt know (because it sure seems like you don't) the wrx and sti are not the same vehicle , that is like calling the mustang gt and the cobra the same vehicle. a stock wrx (not sti) is even with the factory modded 350z and the 350z gets destroyed by a srt4 and the srt4 gets destroyed by the sti. now when you start modding the cars youll find that it really depends on the pockets. and the srt4 comes with a world 2.4l engine and a mitsu turbo, you ignorant fucker.
you really suck ass when it comes to arguments too, hope you are not a lawyer or something.
ps
you suck
boostnoober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 02:45 PM   #110
Turbodog97
Just a Neon

I was going to delete the above post simply on the fact that you joined just to make the one post...but since you made such just and valid points, I shall leave it be.

05 Srt4
Agp 3147 w/supporting mods

97 Mx-5
T28, hks man, ebay int/pipes, rfl bov, xtd 6 puck, 3" magnaflow, msd timing box,
Turbodog97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 05:19 PM   #111
1986 SVO
AF Newbie

Thumbs up Re: Why does the SRT-4 cost so cheap?

well i was never a big fan of chrysler (dodge). but i own a 1986 Ford Mustang SVO that comes with a 2.3 Tubro pushing 200 hp stock and 15 lbs of boost. 17 years after the svo came out dodge put out the srt 4. it pushes the same amount of boost and it has almost the same scope on the hood. well not really but it came from the same idea. the scoop in the SVO goes to the intercooler and the scoop in the srt 4 goes to the turbo. but as all the ford fans love fords they hate dodges and chevy's. but i got to say that the srt 4 is a good car. probably the best of chrysler. i would rather own the srt 4 than the evo. i own a SVO and my dad has a 84 SVO and a srt 4. when i drive the srt 4 it sounds like its got more balls than a honda and even the evo. It threw my against the seat just like my svo.
1986 SVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 02:15 PM   #112
srt4mania
AF Newbie

to devil who said a srt4 wouldnt last past 100k i have 161k on my neon srt4 so i think you were wrong as long as you do regular maintnance like your suppose to a car will last forever
srt4mania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 09:46 PM   #113
brakehoney
AF Newbie

Just love driving this car hope others got the same experience.
brakehoney is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > SRT4