Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > SRT4
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-05-2003, 01:18 AM   #46
soul_sword34
AF Regular

why are you so defensive?
soul_sword34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 02:34 AM   #47
LjasonL
Some Guy

Send a message via AIM to LjasonL
Me? Haha... You're the one that keeps trying to come up with something new every time I shoot you down. Hell you even started a new thread.

And as I expected, you didn't answer any of my questions. Here, I'll list them again for you.

1. Why can't you modify an SRT4?
2. Do Pinto's have a problem with exploding, even though some of them didn't?
3. Where did I say I can't be beat by a Neon?
4. Where's this proof of a 500 whp Neon. Mod list? Pics?
5. Do random people compliment your "supple and seductive" Neon almost every time you take it out?
LjasonL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 09:05 AM   #48
Sexy beast
Banned

Re: Re: Why does the SRT-4 cost so cheap?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldelaysionl
What are you talking about? It's the truth. Go to the topic listing and see for yourself.

This coming from the guy who asked if the SRT4 engine is a Mercedes engine
I read that erroneous information from this post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastncuban
i Highly doubt that a 350z lost 2 a srt-4.... yes they are quick... yes it is a turbo charged mercedes engine...but in all the srt-4 has a special option which most people dont know about... only the people that buy them... the srt-4 has a optional stage 2 and stage 3 package for the engine... the stage 2 jumps the hp up 2 about 260 at the wheel and the stage 3 puts out 315 hp at the wheel... these options do not void the warrenty... yea of course it can murder a 350 with 315 hp... it does 0-60 in 4.5 with that much power... but in all its still your rental car neon with a beefed up motor... i dunno about u guys but i would perfer a 350 over a neon
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...d.php?t=145474

So grip your ears firmly and pull your head out of your ass.
Sexy beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 03:25 PM   #49
LjasonL
Some Guy

Send a message via AIM to LjasonL
Re: Re: Re: Why does the SRT-4 cost so cheap?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy beast
I read that erroneous information from this post:

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...d.php?t=145474

So grip your ears firmly and pull your head out of your ass.

I don't care where you read it. If I make a post that says the Porsche Boxster uses a supercharged Range Rover engine, are you gonna believe that too?

haha, you made this post in that thread:

Quote:
That SRT-4 can rape the STI, WRX, the RSX and even the 350Z on the 1/4 mile, outrageous performance for some American econo car.
Uhh... the STi is about a full second faster than the SRT4 in the 1/4, and the WRX and 350Z are even and it'll come down to the driver.

I would think that some day you'll realize you look like an absolute tool with all the misinformation you try to pass off as fact, but no, it just keeps coming.
LjasonL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 02:28 AM   #50
93hybridaccord
AF Regular

It's a toss up as far as the 350z, but a wrx is easy to take for a stock srt-4.

Even a modded wrx can be beaten from both a stop and a roll. I raced a wrx from a stop when I was stock and took him by almost a car. Also not too long ago I raced a modded wrx from a 40 mph roll and ate him up by 4 car lengths. I'd love to find an sti on the freeway, but haven't been fortunate enough. From a roll an sti can be beaten. Not by much, but it's very possible. From a light, no chance for me, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't try

2003 srt-4 - daily driver
93hybridaccord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 02:42 AM   #51
soul_sword34
AF Regular

Alright Idelaysionl here it is and here I intend to squash this thing between you and I cuz in all respect and B.S. aside you and I are the same. We love cars! Nuff Said!!
1. I suppose I could modify an SRT-4 but the parts are already top of the line stock! Not much to modify. Also I haven't a chance to see under the hood of one. Besides it'll be a while before any real good mods come out for it. Still gonna see how tricked out I can get my 2000 though. I can see the image in my head.
2. WTF! Pintos compared to a Neon cum on get real bro! I guess I'm just lucky to get a well put together car. Jose must have been in a good mood at the plant that day. 95-99 have had their problems but the next gen very few if any so admit it if you truly are an enthusuast that Dodge did make a better car after Y2K. And with the fast growing interest in the import/domestic race scene thanks to the Fast and Furious fad I think Dodge will want to kick some ass. Maybe just so they can be in the next movie. LOL!
3. I just got from you that you had no respect for Neons the way you just trash on them and say they rust and break down. Sounds pretty negative to me.
4. Here's my favorite part. I lied about the 500 horses, well actually he did he's kinda modest. I just talked to the guy who helped him build it, he works for me. Acura-Insanity LTD. Here in my homestate. He said he put a, get this bro flipped my lid, GM 572 performance engine in it and that he put it on his dyno and it pulled 712 HP at 736 lbs torque. OMG!!!! He said he'd bring the dyno tomorrow. 712! Dang! I hope that's true.
5. Yes people do comment on my Neon and it's only stock. I wax it once a month. Wash it every week. Shaved my emblems and took off the chrome grill, makes it look more aggressive. Mostly though I get compliments on my JVC SX990, 1200w Power Acoustik amp, Chrome/Digital 1.5 Capacitor and my two Warren G Series 800w 10" subs. They create that warm romantic glow with my blacklight in the back. I get looks and smiles all the time. No titties flashed at me though but that'll come with a body kit and a paint job.
Okay that is the last of it. Anyways goodluck with your car and it doesn't really look that bad I was just messin G!
Old 11-06-2003, 02:48 AM   #52
911S_TARGA_RSR
AF Enthusiast

Re: Why does the SRT-4 cost so cheap?

SRT-4 are cheap because dodge took a cheap car (the neon) and added a turbo,some suspension and a tranny. Don't get me wrong, it is a an excellent car for the price.
Old 11-06-2003, 03:05 AM   #53
soul_sword34
AF Regular

the srt is also cheap because it is assembled in a factory in Mexico they save on labor there. Also they are made from cheap foreign car parts! Ha! I don't know if that last one is true. Shot out to my homey Idelaysionl!! Sup!
Old 11-06-2003, 08:42 AM   #54
93hybridaccord
AF Regular

As far as modifying the car, there are a lot of parts out for it right now and it's been out less than a year. There are a couple different turbo back and cat back exhausts, new intercoolers, intakes, a couple different turbo kits coming out very soon. Also, wings west has a wide body kit out for it. Crane cams has a set of cams and cam gears. There are people that are pushing close to 300 hp at the wheels without changing the turbo yet. Then the people who have changed the turbo are getting well over 300 and one guy has over 400 at the wheels. This is all in the first year. Just wait a little while longer.

Old 11-08-2003, 01:27 AM   #55
saab9kturbo
AF Newbie

god whats all this fighting for.... the evo and sti will need engine overhauls at 100k too if they are driven like they are marketed to be driven, i understand how engines work and everything is far more stressed under boost...thats why turbos blow headgaskets and need new lifters and valve seats and compression rings and such more often...duh, its an engine running alot of boost. fact is, the srt-4 isnt the car the sti and evo are, they are just better built with more happy features. but if you want something cheap and fast the neon is an awesome alternative. i personally would save the bucks and get an sti, or just buy an older 911 or 944 turbo and have a blast with that, but thats me, i like european cars. oh yea, and as far as turbocharging cars: saab is the all-time champion of fast, reliable, and innovative 4 cylinder turbos, not dodge, and its awefully hard to argue against that.
saab9kturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2003, 10:05 AM   #56
93hybridaccord
AF Regular

You are absolutely right about the car itself isn't an sti or an evo. One thing I can tell you is that the engine is built much better. The Mopar sponsored Shaun Carlson drag car is using both the stock block and crank and is pushing over 900 hp to the wheels and 44psi. You try that with either of the sti or evo engines and see what happens.

The thing people try to do is compare 2 totally different classes of cars. The srt is a straight line car, although neons have always done well in auto-x and the srt does it as well. The sti and evo were made to run the twisties although they do well in the 1/4 that's not there purpose. One thing I can say is that this is the funnest and fastest car for 20k. It's priceless to see the look on some guy driving a camaro or mustang when you smoke him.

Old 11-11-2003, 09:55 PM   #57
Scatch!
AF Regular

I got to say that I'm impressed that someone with a hybrid Accord also owns an SRT-4. The Honda people I know, that build-up frankenCivics and the like would never condescend to own an American car.

As far as the SRT-4 not being great in the twisties... maybe not with a stock SRT-4 suspension, but with a stock ACR suspension they are almost untouchable. Check out the SRT-4's 8th place overall at One Lap of America.

1 2 chev MTI Z-07 SSGT1 6590
Ronald Adee, John Myrick
2 4 Chevy Corvette Z06 SSGT1 6525
John Boos, Ronald Marks
3 1 Dodge Viper SSGT1 6515
David Zelkowski, Brian Smith
4 3 RUF RGT SSGT1 6415
Gary Church, Paul Gerrard
5 8 Porsche 996 Twin Turbo SSGT1 6380
Mark DaVia, Chuck Veth

6 5 Toyota Supra Turbo SSGT1 5945
Andi Baritchi, Clint Pohler
7 20 CHEVROLET CORVETTE ZR1 SSGT1 5665
Scott Ahlgrim, Steve Ahlgrim
8 52 Dodge SRT-4 MidPri Sed 5595
Cory O`Brien, Erich Heuschele
9 10 Lamborghini Diablo SSGT1 5545
Karl H. Troy, Mike Appleby
10 50 Audi S-4 Luxury Sed 5315
Norman Babcock, Michael Babcock

Impressive.

Oh, and for the record, the SRT-4 is built in Belvidere, Ill, not Toluca, MX.
Scatch! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 08:40 AM   #58
93hybridaccord
AF Regular

To tell you the truth, before I bought my srt, I test drove a wrx (too much lag), a spec v (just a crappy car) and a gti (weighs too much and wasn't very impressive). I don't really care what the car is, as long as it performs. I did my research on it and this engine is bullet proof compared to other high performance 4 cylinder engines.

The stage 3 coilovers from mopar are what people are using for auto-x and they do very well. They are made for the srt. They aren't cheap at close to 1,400.00, but are very effective. Wait for the one lap of america next year, they will have a stage 3 kit on that srt from what I hear, I believe this one only had the stage 1. That will be 300hp, 300ftlb of torque. One nasty little neon.

Old 11-12-2003, 10:39 PM   #59
Scatch!
AF Regular

Re: Why does the SRT-4 cost so cheap?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93hybridaccord
The stage 3 coilovers from mopar are what people are using for auto-x and they do very well. They are made for the srt. They aren't cheap at close to 1,400.00, but are very effective.
I believe that they are the same as the D/A Dynamic coilovers that come with the ACR package.

Quote:
Wait for the one lap of america next year, they will have a stage 3 kit on that srt from what I hear, I believe this one only had the stage 1.
Right-o. I forgot to mention that. That One Lap car also had the Quaiffe LSD installed. Other than that, completely stock, even down the tires, IIRC.

Quote:
That will be 300hp, 300ftlb of torque. One nasty little neon.
Right again!
Scatch! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 11:12 PM   #60
93hybridaccord
AF Regular

Re: Re: Why does the SRT-4 cost so cheap?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scatch!
I believe that they are the same as the D/A Dynamic coilovers that come with the ACR package.

Right-o. I forgot to mention that. That One Lap car also had the Quaiffe LSD installed. Other than that, completely stock, even down the tires, IIRC.

Right again!
The coilovers that are for the srt-4 are brand new and are made by KW. I'm pretty sure the one lap srt had the stage 1 upgrade because I believe it was put on there as a test for the upgrade. I could be wrong though.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > SRT4