Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > SRT4
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 09:55 PM   #1
Turbodog97
Just a Neon

Your warrenty is at risk!

Just FYI to some of you Srt-4 modders. You warrenty is at risk...if you still have a warrenty that is. Most of you know DCX is a stickler when it comes to anything non-factory on your car. Now that Daimler-Crysler has released the 7 page paplet regarding modding to their tech's...we are now officially screwed. This may be old news to some of you avid modders but for those who don't know, take this as a warning.

My warrenty had recently been "restricted." Yes I'm heavily modified but in the past....you would just say screw this dealer I'll just go down the block to the next. Sort of like when you were young and your Mom said no so you went to Dad and he said yes . WELL...not anymore. The 7 page reports voids anything from intakes, catch cans, motor mounts, intercoolers, wastegates, pcm's, aftermarket turbo systems, exhaust...need I go on. So pretty much everything! They also describe how to tell if someone has "demodded" their car. So your cut up heat shield...or missing bracket/bolts will cause them to throw a red flag.

You are not completely screwed though..there is an out. Restricted does not mean it is null and void but meaning that everytime you want something done it has to receive district approval. That means some guy making a trip specifically to view the part in question, every-single-time.

My radiator fan recently snapped off of the fan motor. Obviously not my doing but yet it is still in question whether or not they will cover it. If they don't I will be out $300, what a crock! I asked how much the part was...$50...so yes 250 on labor alone plus 35 for a rent-a-car. All they can think is that I must be making 400hp and somehow it must be my fault. I understand their logic do to people from the past but it's still not fair to the innocent.

Just FYI also, I had no idea my warrenty had been avoided...the 1800 DCX number is obviously no help. It could have been voided back when I had the clutch master fixed at 15K, who knows. Just know that you might not know until it's too late and your car is already apart. If I had known my warrenty was in question then I would have just bought the part and installed the fan this weekend...but no...now I have the chance to be out three hundred .

Be careful guys..and take this for what it is!

05 Srt4
Agp 3147 w/supporting mods

97 Mx-5
T28, hks man, ebay int/pipes, rfl bov, xtd 6 puck, 3" magnaflow, msd timing box,
Turbodog97 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > SRT4