Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ferrari > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-07-2004, 02:27 PM   #31
drunken monkey
Razor Sharp Twit

Re: Paddle shifting american cars?

hmm, can we kinda leave the very specific 'paddle shift' and talk about the semi-auto style change as a whole instead.

from what i gather, what most people don't like is that while the actual changing of gear is a very quick process, there is almost always a delay between you selecting the gear and the gear engaging
and
if the gearbox just shoves cogs together, there is usualy a jolt (which is what the blip was for)

so in effect, while the semi-box, be it paddle or otherwise, can change gears faster than a person, the process as a whole tends to be marginally slower, slightly removed and as a whole, not as smooth.

another thing.
from what i gather, the gearbox in the vanquish doesn't like going into reverse gear.
does that make it a better gearbox?

from what i gather in the press, the best semi-auto boxes in a car currently are the double clutch from audi, the one in the mr-s, galllardo's e-gear and bmws smg as seen in the m3, all for different purposes.
i don't ever recall seeing them say anything particularly good about the aston martin or the ferrari systems.

Read them.

Currently in the process of re-hosting my photos.
If any go missing, drop me a PM.
drunken monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 10:52 AM   #32
VetteFreak0331
AF Newbie

sad

all i hear about is these pencil dickk yuppies complain about a paddle shiter on an american car, and if anything, a paddle shift option is more of an owner's preference then anything else, so who in the hell are you to say what cars should have an F1 tranny or not? and if any american car should have a paddle shifter set up it would be the new corvette. pared with a head's up display. the only other experiance close enout to driving such a machine would be flying an F/A-18E super hornet.

P.S america created the high performence sportscar. dont forget your god damn roots and hide behind a $200,000 window sticker
VetteFreak0331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 06:58 PM   #33
TexasF355F1
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to TexasF355F1
Very old thread....let it go.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ferrari > General Discussion