Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
View Poll Results: Do you think that the 2003 5-Series will look any good if styled after the X-Coupe?
Yes, it will look good 1 100.00%
No, it will not look good 0 0%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-15-2001, 02:41 AM   #1
kharras
AF Newbie

Angry Information on 2003 5-Series

I'm a really big BMW fan. I may not know everything about a BMW, but I love the cars. They are beautiful in design and a pinnacle in engineering. That is why I am a little displeased about what I just read in one of the Frankfurt Auto Show articles on http://www.thecarconnection.com. Chris Bangle stated that BMW goes two generations with its automobiles, then breaks open not just a new design, but one completely different than what was before. I think you all know that I wasn't too happy with the exterior design of the 7-Series because it just didn't look good and didn't look like a BMW from many angles, especially the rear. Well, I just read that Chris Bangle said that the next 5 does not look like anything that is on the web as a spy photo. He also said that it will take cues from the X-Coupe. I'm a little confused because he gave a British magazine an interview and they showed a car on the tracks (I think a little computer enhanced) of what it looks like. It looked like the 7 but with Ford Contour/Pontiac Bonneville headlights. To tell you the truth, that would still look better than anything based on the X-Coupe, which BMW management pulled from the NY autoshow because of the horrible reception it received in Detroit. I was at the Detroit auto show and I have to tell you that I didn't waste any space on my memory stick by snapping pictures of that really horrible car. And, if the 6 is supposed to be based on the 5 (hopefully what I read about it based only in chasis and not design is true) then we are really in trouble. And if it is not based on the 5 in design, but has a design just as bad, then we are still in trouble. Anyone agree/disagree?
Old 11-10-2001, 07:23 PM   #2
kieran
AF Newbie

i saw a pic of the new five series. go to www.revvinghigh.com then go to past news somewhere there they have a new 2003 5 series
kieran is offline   Reply With Quote