Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35 Excellent platform and the good ol' VQ30DE and VQ35DE engines.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-15-2002, 06:09 PM   #1
jayendo
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to jayendo
Dealership= rip off? you decide

Nissan Dealerships will keep your car running the longist, the oil you get depends on the deal the dealership' gets with the oil companies, I work for a dealership who got free oil tanks because they use("{ED)') penZoil, but after the contrcacts (ie lobbying) they now use mobile 1 and peZoil left the tanks due to removal costs, you will only find the oil at nissan dealerships because they only care abou getting your car into service.... (the oil change looses money at all places because it is a tool to get your car in for service, anywhere you go) in hopes they find other servicable needs, You will never find a dealership with the balls to rip you off (because a dealership canot afford bad presss, they only look for service thgat needs to be done and give you a priority list, ( reguarless of cost) while it may be on the expensive side they perform (most dealerships) only what needs to be done beacuse a dealership knows what go's wrong because they see it all the time, so the gambel is yours, take it to somone who knows "cars" or a dealership that only knows nissan's and is up to date on nissans and thier problems.... it is up to you and where you money is well spent (since your OEM repalcemet parts) come from a dealership anyway\
-J
PS- I may have had too much to drink before posting this
jayendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2002, 03:01 PM   #2
Wht98SE
AF Newbie

IMO I'd rather spend the x=tra $$ and have my Max fixed at the dealer (since they know exactly what's wrong w/ it and have the tools for it) than have some-1 else fix it and possibly screw up something else

As for the dealer oil changes, my Nissan dealer (Bill Cook - Farmington Hills, MI) always uses Valvoline, so far a good oil. + I'd rather have the dealer change my oil rather than Jiffy Lube, Uncle Ed's or any other oil change shop

Current Car:
'98 Maxima SE - Arctic White Pearl/Beige Cloth (mid 3/02-present)
---------->Stock for now, but I will mod<------------

Former Cars:
1) '89 BMW 535i (11/01-mid 3/02, trans blew)
2) '98 Altima GLE (4/98-10/01, leased)
3) '97 Altima GXE LE (7/97-3/98, HS Grad. gift, traded for '98 Altima)
4) '87 Olds. Toronado (8/95-6/97, Car for High School)
Wht98SE is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35